8: Da Baby - S

The Bots and the Robo-Baby, and somehow, Cody finds out more than he should know.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Cody couldn't believe how soft Heatwave was being.

It was just a robot, it wasn't even the same as the Cybertronian himself, yet it seemed like all of it didn't matter. It got Cody curious, how a bot could display such love and affection like this, but at the same time, he really needed to get that invention back to Doc Greene soon.

"We need to get him away from the baby." Blades says, almost sounding like some sort of forceful method would be needed to pry the bot away from the little thing.

"Yeah, I need to get him back to Doc Greene." Cody says, agreeing in words, but not with emotion.

"We didn't mean it for that, but yeah, we need to do that too." Boulder speaks. "Heatwave has attachment issues, especially to little forms of life."

"Would that technically be considered life?" Chase asks, clearly asking for some identification.

"The tech on this island basically counts as one." Blades says. "But, we should probably get Heatwave to hand over the robo-baby before he turns into a mess."

"Why? Is everything alright with him?" Cody asks, which the bots find hemselves figuring out how in the world to word it appropriately so the Chief isn't going to be upset with them.

"You humans have the ability to have offspring, do you not?" Chase says, while Cody nods. The blue police bot was quite sure he knew what he was doing. "We also have our own ways to make 'offspring', certain parts within our frames. Heatwave does not have those parts though."

"Why would he be upset about that though?" Cody asks, still trying to understand the situation.

"He's upset about that because we can't just offer the parts to him, and no bot would ever just give them up unless they were damaged to the point that they cannot be repaired." Boulder explains. "Plus, it was against the law to give one to a bot of his age, he has to be over a certain age in order to even apply to try."

"And with our home gone, he lost that chance completely." Blades finishes, knowing the mood is rather sad.

"Oh, that is sad. I'm sorry I even asked." Cody says, relaizing how Heatwave more than likely probably not wanted the boy to know that.

"Cody, it's alright. He will mention it one day." Boulder says. "Just never bring it up to him, never remind him of that past."

"Ok." Cody says. "You know, at least he has you guys to help support him through it to."

The moment was sweeet, but, they still had something they needed to do. They managed to get Heatwave away from the creation, and the bot was definietly not impressed by that.

Either way though, he hoped one day, maybe out of a miracle, that Heatwave would gain those missing parts again.