88: All Sparks And Courts - S

It is All Sparks Day, after a long and fun day, something else arises.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"You know, for a bot your age, I thought you were going to hand me High Grade." Heatwave states, taking the cube into his hands that Hightide had grabbed.

"I'm only thirty-three, it will be a good while before I'm thirty-four in human years." Hightide says. "I don't keep High Grade on my ship ever. Optimus brought some once and I nearly threw him overboard."

"How shocking." Heatwave replies. "But seriously, you're that old? I imagined you were at least thirty-five."

"Aren't you twenty-eight?" Hightide asks, taking a sip of the energon cube that lies in his servo.

"I'm twenty-three, and sooner or later here I'll be twenty-four." The firebot noticed how Hightide was just in silent shock. "What? You have a problem that I'm still technically a minor?"

"What? No!" Hightide says. "But that's not what I was thinking we would talk about anyway."

"What do you mean by that?" Heatwave was lost, because he had no idea as to what else was suppose to be talked about. "Hightide, what are you talking about?"

There was a brief moment of silence, both bots saying absolutely nothing as they just looked at one another. Heatwave took a moment to see if there were any clues regarding it, which he found in a quick moment and was somewhat uncomfortable with how this was going now.

"Oh." Heatwave was surely offguard with that, looking down to avoid continuing to look directly at the older Mech. "That."

"Yeah." They both made it definielty more awkward than it had to be, but that was more Hightide's fault than anyone else's really. It was only them though, on Hightide's boat as it slowly grew darker, and yet chaos was very much present with them.

"I need to go first."

"Heatwave, it doesn't-"

"I need to say something first before you go making a fool of yourself." Heatwave states.

The gift of the Safroniale Bowestra, what one would give to another to simply state they werr happy to have them in their lives. Yet, it tends to happen when a creator gives it to their sparkling or when their love hands it to their lover. Heatwave knew that him and Hightide were nothing like what humans would say 'Father and Son', but no part of him wanted to accept the other option in his life.

"I'm not looking for anybot to be in a courtship, it just doesn't work out for me." Heatwave says. "So I will not go out with you."

"Do you like making children cry?"

"What?" It was so random, it had zero relation to the topic, why did he say it to begin with.

"I knew you were going to deny me regardless, but I asked a certain bot to clarify your denials." Hightide causally gets up to sit beside Heatwave, and at that moment, the red Mech knew he was certainly doomed for a lifetime.

Heatwave didn't want to be there, after all, his entire life has been exposed and he surely didn't want to be there to hear it. He wished he would've caught it on sooner, especially becuase Hightide hasn't been speaking with his accent the entire time Heatwave was present on the bot right now.

"They told me you would be afraid." Hightide simply says. "And I have two choices for you."

Heatwave quickly guessed one of them, quickly heading to get off the boat through a good jump into the water. He was stopped before reaching the edge, quickly being grabbed and picked up to be brought back to where they were moments before.

"That wasn't one of the options!" Hightide says, sitting down but certainly not letting go of the bot just yet.

"It wasn't?" Heatwave really wanted to leave now. "So what if I did tell you I was afraid? What would that change? Do you think I want this?"

"Yes, you denying others first. You-"

"What, no!" Heatwave quickly gets out of Hightide's hugging grip. "I've had my spark broken more times than one and if it happens again, I don't think I can make it. Time after time, I was cheated on countless times and it hurt me more and more! So yes, I am afraid to let you into my life because I just don't want it to happen again!"

Heatwave walked to the edge, leaning on the edge railing there was at one spot as he was filled with such emotion. He wanted it so bad in his life but yet, he couldn't let himself be consumed by the history he's had with it all.

"I won't do it." Hightide assures, but Heatwave can only scoff at that.

"That's what they all said." He states. "What makes you think your different than them?"

"Because I know what it is like to be broken, to feel like you hold nothing." Hightide slowly comes closer, but stays a good distance from the young Mech. "I want to change that."

"But why me?" Heatwave asks. "There are countless others you could've picked."

"Because I know deep down you feel like you are missing much more, and every time you look you can see what is missing and it just makes you feel whole in your life for once." He responds. "And yet, all you want is for everyone else to be happy as well as you and yet when you see them happy and you not, it makes you want to cry."

Is Heatwave jealous of what Blades and Chase have? Ues he was, he always was. For so long, even as his own relationships fell, theirs still went on. He always wondered how they could have it and he was left lonely, and it sometimes hurt a lot to see them so happy together.

Heatwave didn't notice he was crying until Hightide was fully hugging him, both of them slowly sinking to the floored deck of the ship. He didn't want to admit all of what Hightide said was true, because he could never face the fact himself.

He eventually fell into recharge, soundly sleeping as he was still being held so close to the other. When he did wake up, he however decided to give Hightide a single chance, one date to prove himself, before he then went off back to the firehouse.