68: Darkened Similarities- H

Hightide finally shows up for the first time in the series, so it is only appropriate that we get his little past life before the series in here.

Hightide had a good life in his younger years, good family, youngest of his brother and sister. He ended up getting accepted into one of the Academys which happens to be why he owns such a giant boat.

During his time there, the first bit, he met a bot named Spiralalto. Hightide did not like him at first at all, he was rude and quite a not fun guy. Somehow, out of pure luck, both Hightide and Spiralalto ended up becoming friends, and then were in a courtship.

Eventually there was a tragic accident, one in which Hightide blamed himself for since Spiralalto tragically died. Hightide tried to save him, but Spiral couldn't hold on, ended up losing his grip, and fell, leading him to be wounded by the sharp below and dead rather fast.

Hightide ended up quiting the academy and thrown himself into a ton of high grade while he continued to blame himself for the accident. At some point during this, he nearly died in his drunken state, but Orion Pax and Ratchet found him and helped him out.

Orion was the one who helped him more since Ratchet was extremely busy with his job, Orion also got him servo, which orignally was to help Hightide get out of his addiction. Hightide eventaully got better, and got his life started once again, but he always still blamed himself what happened.

Hightide did eventually go back to the docks again, got back into the academy, and graduated. He doesn't keep any high grade on his boat despite how much he wants to drown out the feeling he has had constantly about the incident, but yet, there was somehing that constantly bothered him in the episode.

Hightide isn't sure if it is really a coincidence or not, especially when he saw Heatwave. Hightide physically couldn't accpet Heatwave had been because Heatwave looks like Spiralalto, and quite frankly, there was much more that made the two similar than it seemed.