78: A Forgotten Story - S

Even in the depths of things, Heatwave finds some answer (I am terribly sorry if this makes you cry, because I will admit that it made me cry for how wholesome it is)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Am I dead?"

Heatwave was quite sure he wasn't alive anymore, after all, where he was displayed that of an open white space as his frame sat upon a long bench. He wasn't alone, as a bot who he hasn't seen in many long and dark years sits right next to him. That bot was certainly not alive, which hinted to Heatwave that he was certainly dead after the desicion made to save Griffin Rock.

"No, you're not dead, your spark still beats." The bot answers. "That is where we are right now."

"But you're dead, how are you here?" Heatwave didn't understand the logic behind this, after all, the bot was definietly dead. He remembers the grave, and he remembers everything of what Ratchet said. "Your spark is in the Well like Ratchet said."

"I never went to the Well, Heatwave. My brother would assume that I did but I didn't, I wasn't going to leave you my child." Her voice was soft and gentle, slowly bringing the red bot into an embrace. "I was actually hoping that now I could tell you much more that you want to know."

Starlight was her name, the bot who raised Heatwave before the virus she had in her decided to fully end her. She was Ratchet's sister, one who Heatwave known to be forgotten, but he never knew why.

"What did you want to tell me?" Heatwave asks. "Why now?"

"Because you need the answers in order to move forward, and so I will tell you a story." Starlight replies. "My life to my death, one which explains everything."

The bot remained silent as he awaited for the Femme to tell this tale, a Femme who he looked up to in his desperate young years, and who ultimately left him in the whisps of the dark.

"I was not born to be a medic like Ratchet was, the parts for such a job leaving me useless to my own family. I never grew up with them, I was left out in the streets as a forgotten sparkling. I always thought they would return, but, they never did." She sighed, rememvering the events. "I lived here for so long, being infected by many things, which includes the virus that unfortunately ended my life. No one ever wanted me, I was unloved and useless to Cybertron."

Heatwave remained quiet, not speaking at all as he listened.

"An older companioned couple eventually took me in, they raised me well. Ratchet did comment that I had become a very wise and worthy bot when I did meet up with him. I got my education and started working for a med bay, but I was only doing desk work and barely being paid enough." She continues. "Eventually, you ended up in my life. You were unloved by your real creators at your creation, and I only met you because they assigned me to watch you. I couldn't let you be alone, so, when you did make it through, I pretty much adopted you."

There was no denying her words at all, just silence that echoed for awhile before she went on with her story.

"Time went by, I discovered more about my own family as I bonded with you, but I was getting worse. My time was nearly over and I couldn't leave you alone like my creators did to me, so I found Ratchet. He didn't believe me at first, but I came with my evidence, and even so, I had to tell him everything." Starlight seemed very calm despite the dark story. "I told him about you, and told him as my last wish, was for him to find you and raise you right. After I died, I couldn't allow myself to go to the Well, because I didn't want to leave you."

"You've been with me the entire time. . . ."

"Yes, and when you have your first sparkling, then I shall return to the living once more."

Heatwave paused, getting out of the embrace to look at Starlight. He was lost, confused, and very much in the emotion of sadness.

"You know I can't." He says to her. "I don't have-"

"You will, it was my gift to you." There was silence, but she continued. "The virus only effects energon, so my last gift to you was the parts you were missing. I had mine removed from my body before my death, and I had Ratchet store the box for when you came of the correct age."

Heatwave wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the words for it. He was simply blank, just brought into silence.

"He still has the box you know, he made sure to keep that thing." Heatwave wanted to smile at her words, but something kept him from doing so.

"At this rate, I am definitely not having a sparkling of my own though."

"But I will return, I've seen it all." She replies so suddenly. "The answer was in front of you the moment you two met."

Heatwave froze, thinking for a moment who Starlight could be talking about. There were different amounts of possiblities on who it could be, but as the surrounding slowly faded, there was still a bit of last things needed to be said.

"Just take your time, Heatwave. I will be waiting." She says. "And guess what, your life will be filled with happiness from here on out."

The two hug once more before Heatwave awakes to his actual self, both knowing that one day in the future, they were actually going to meet again somehow.