99: Mother's Home - S

Ratchet visits Sigma 17 for some things, and it turns into the most tense moments of their lives.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"CARRIER!" Blades literally jumps the minute he saw Ratchet, leaping towards he mech and them both physically crashing onto the floor.

"Blades, I'm getting too old for this stuff you know." It took a quick couple minutes before Ratchet could actually get himself up off the ground. Once he was standing though, he could finally be able to pretend that he did not just have some of his lifespan taken away from being hug-tackled. "Heatwave, yes or no to the hug?"

"I-" something went off, as if it had been some sort of alarm. Heatwave had been quick to turn it off, but he then did such a silent squeal before then heading over to the lift and headng up into the main garage area.

As silence remains in the room from that very moment, Blades, Chase and Quickshadow standing there with the giant block of energon while Boulder lies out on patroling Griffin Rock. Ratchet's expression seems to quickly change upon what Heatwave did, and Blades knew as to what would happen next.

"Chase, you know Heatwave well." Blades fully wasn't going to support the police bot now, cause he was clearly on his own as Ratchet spoke. "Who's the bot?"

"Wair, there's a bot involved?!" Quickshadow was surprised, it was indeed somehing she did not expect. "I thought he was still single!"

"What makes you think there's a bot in this scenario?" Chase asks, very much terrified with what could go wrong depending on what he says next.

"I've known Heatwave a good while, and there are habits that he has that he aquires from others." Ratchet explains. "What he did before going to the lift just so happened to be something Blades has done when you two went out together back long ago-"

"Wait, you two are together?!" Quickshadow clearly did not think that was the case at all.

"Blossom, shut up." The medic says, wanting to get to the important task he has before him.

"That's not my name." She warns, not being pleased with what she was being called in that moment.

Ratchet only stares at Quickshadow, showing no sense of emotion. The longer he two stared on, the more Quickshadow seemed to just break about what she said, until it got to the point, where she just gave in and sighed.

"Now, Chase, who's the bot?"

"With all due respect, I would rather keep my good friendship I have with Heatwave than to unanimously speak about something he hasn't given me approval of to speak about." Chase was certainly not done with what he was saying, in fact, he was pretty much only getting started. "Now, you don't terrify me at all. I have faced much worse than your deep vocaled stares to the point in which I don't think it would work even if you tried. It is not my place to say who this bot is and I will happily die with that information than speak about something that could nd something I hold deeply."

There was a long moment of silence, he tension being quite high as no one could speak a single word.

"And this is why I approve that you and Blades can be companions, now come here." the two bots just hug suddenly.

"WHAT?!" Blades and Quickshadow were quite stunned, shocked for the thing they had just witnessed before them.

Surely it was awkward for Chase to be hugging the bot who would probably one day be his in-law (he had no idea when this would happen, but he guessed it would be pretty soon since Blades ain't a minor anymore), but he held through it. Ratchet then had turned to Blades once it was over, knowing who to target next.

"Blades-"

"It's Hightide."

"BLADES!" Chase surely was not happy he just spilled it out like that, hitting Blades in the back of the helm. "Why?!"

"Because he would give the look!" He way the bot said it made it rather concerning. "He also will find the information somehow, Heatwave is a fragile little sparkling!"

"But he's-" Quickshadow was lost, after all, the sentence made no sense and didn't plan to make sense to her anytime soon.

"Guys, why is Ratchet leaving without the energon?" Boulder says as he is now entering the room.

"That is a long story."