56: A Mist Of The Past - S

One bot sees one thing, but the other sees something completely different.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was nice being in the correct time for once, especially after travelling through to a vortex, to ten years into the future and then back to their correct time all while being on a giant boat.

The bots of Sigma 17 slowly made their way onto the flaoting doc which is owned by no other than Doc Greene himself. They then watched shile the boat vanished from their views once more as their adventure was quickly done and over with. Yet, as reunions continued, it was something strange noticed.

Heatwave wasn't sure what it was due to the immense fog that covered the salty ocean at the time, but he knew for a fact it was a boat out there. He squinted, trying to figure out what it was until he saw something.

He could see the light, the small light as if it were two optics of a bot. He couldn't make out whether it truly was another bot out there, or if all of it was actually coming from the boat and he just couldn't see it.

It still was looking at him though, those two lights. From the distance, they were varely seen when he zoomed to regular focus, but he still didn't wish to believe it was another bot looking at him.

Out in the distance, the one thing seemingly looking at him in the mist of it was actually a bot. It was an Autobot who somehow managed to see him from afar, and if Heatwave was able to see this bot, he would've found the bot to ve both shocked and hurt.

The bot was a darker and deep blue, accenting the golden yellowness that brought most color for his frame. His optics continued to stare out at the figure the Mech couldn't determine fully, but could wildly guess to who it was out there looking back at him.

"Hightide," it was Optimus Prime, emerging from the back end of the giant boat that the both of them were on that night. "Is there something wrong?"

"That can't be him, right?" Hightide pointed out into the distance after he spoke, refering to the bot in the mist.

Optimus did indeed look out, seeing the misty figure who Hightide was looking at. The bot really looked, zooming in close but couldn't get a real explanation as to what he was seeing. While looking at it, it did seem as if it was the bot Hightide was talking about, but Optimus could easily guess that is not the case at all.

"It appears to look similar to him, Old Friend, but it cannot be him." The Prime finally responds, still trying to figure out exactly who it was out there at this dead hour of the night. "You know he is long gone by now."

"I know, but it looks like him." Optimus knew how much it hurt the bot to see it, after all, it is the only time Hightide never uses his strange accent when he spoke. Whenever he spoke or possibly saw the bot, his accent always faded. "But of course, it can't be him."

Heatwave saw the four dim lights that now looked at him, yet, he had no clue as to who it was staring at him. The floating doc then slowly started to move back to the land of Griffin Rock, and Heatwave turned away from the strange mist.

At this point, Optimus finally figured it out as to whom they were looking at the entire time, but chose to say nothing to his friend. Only now did he see such similarities, ones in which he never noticed until now.

"Did it vanish?" Hightide was trying to look for the figure, but couldn't seem to find it now that it was no longer in their view.

"Indeed it did." Optimus says, finding himself a little in his own mind as to how somethings should go.

Optimus never questioned what Heatwave was doing out there that night, especially since he didn't actually see what happened. As Hightide slowly went back below deck for something, Optimus could only plan something much greater for future days.

He knew one day, Hightide would meet Heatwave, eventually.