17: Island Relationships - S

The moment we all have been waiting for, Chase and Blades fixing their relationship. . . . Meanwhile they are stuck on an island.

I am also going to state that Companionships (and sometimes in courting) that bots have contain barely any kissing, it is more just a comforting thing to keep connection in their sparks.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

It really was a bummer that Blades couldn't fly for help while the bots and Cody lied stranded on a random island with no clue as to when they will be found.

Cody was currently asleep as the night went on, curled up the back seats of the inside of Heatwave's cab. The firebot himself was also dosed in a recharge, completely silent in his vehicle form as the night did not disturb him.

"We need to talk about us."

The wording itself stunned Chase, after all, this had been the last thing he would ever expect right now. They were all stuck on an island and Blades wanted to speak about them? Each other? Their relationship? It was confusing why the helicopter picked now out of any other times he had the oppertunity.

"You want to talk about our relationship?! Now?!" Chase was whispering, only to make sure no one would wake up, but still, the whole thing was just nuts. "I believe this is not a suitable idea for right now!"

"No one is going to hear us, Cody and Heatwave are not even awake right now. Boulder. . . ." Blades looks over, Chase peeking moments later. Both see Boulder just calmly looking down at he stream of water in the river he stands in. "Boulder is busy."

"But why now? There were plenty more oppertunities for such topic to be brought up and you picked the moment which we happen to be offroading." Blades was confused by what was meant by that, but then quickly understood. "I believe this is no appropriate place to talk about something like this."

"This is the omly place where there are no humans to intervene!" Blades still whispered, knowing if anyone came around about their xommotion, the entire thing would just be lost.

"Cody is sleeping in Heatwave's back seats!" Chase really wanted to yell right now, simply because he didn't want to talk about the relationship problems with Blades. "There are humans around!"

"I know this isn't the perfect time-"

"It is quite obvious to tell that your sentence just so happens to be the case." Chase inquires, but seriously wants to get this conversarion done and over with. "But we have nothing to talk about regarding our relationship, we let it end and went our ways."

"No, it isn't over. It only eneded it because we thought that would make us feel better about it." Blades states, realizing how it should've been this entire time. "Don't you feel like deciding to distance ourselves from each other wasn't what you wanted after all? Like we made a mistake forcing it apart?"

Chase remained quiet, thinking upon the words that had been said to him. Boulder came back around to their little campsite they had going on, but didn't question the bots who were still up and instead went into vehicle form to get some recharge.

The silence was long, both bots finding themselves in an awkward position with the discussion in general. It took awhile before the silence had been broken.

"I do miss that freedom, that weight lifted off of me that makes nothing matter at all anymore." It was rare for Chase to not be logical, but yet again, emotions were something he had a hard time expressing. "Part of me felt different every single time it woukd happen, and it felt like it was something I've longed for my entire life so far."

There was more silence, processing as to what had been said and heard through the night. Both bots were very much avoiding eye (optic?) contact with one another as they still registered everything.

"I'm lost." Blades states. "Does that mean you regret keeping ourselves distanced?"

"Yeah." There was a long pause. "I miss how you make me feel, how you somehow make it not feel like I'm in this area where I have to be something that surpresses me and instead be free from whatever nonsense that is. Plus, being around you makes me more happy than I ever have been so far in my life."

It was sweet, and defineitly the truth. The two bots were now just silently looking at each other, time moving questionably as they somehow couldn't look away even for a second.

"I know we never done this, but," Chase was hesitant, but something had felt to be missing for so long. "Can we. . . ."

"Oh." Blades certainly was shocked, but, he felt that they needed this. "We can."

They both found themselves inching closer, both of them seemingly petrified to do this. Neither one had ever done this before, and so, they had no idea what they were prepared to know through this. It eventually happened. Something about it was soothing, what fuzzed their sparks so suddenly with this new reaction and feeling they never felt before.

"What is that?!"

Both bots froze upon hearing the young voice, freezing up as their bodies tensed well beyond their capabilities. They didn't move, not daring to try and explain themselves and brutally hope Cody was just sleep recharging or they had completely heard nothng amd Cody was never awake to begin with.

"Cody, there is nothing there." Heatwave speaks. "Everyone else is in recharge in vehicle form, go back to sleep."

"Oh ok." Cody was quick to crawl back to where he was sleeping. "I thought I saw Chase and Blades kissing for a second."

"They are both in recharge as well as Boulder, now go back to sleep." Before any thing else could be said, Cody was out like a light and into a nice deep sleep.

There was a long pause, until Chase spoke up for the final time that night.

"You guys were both listening, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

"I have to admit, what I just saw was way better than any human movie we have seen so far."

"BOULDER!" Blades was completely embarrassed.