92: Gotta Go Fast - S

Blurr says he is really fast, but is he?
____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a simple race, that is all it was. It had only happened because Blurr was going about that he was the fastest until Blades decided to just randomly bring Chase into it, which then made it so than the race existed.

It was on the track at the mainland hanger, being reasonably sized down to let themselves onto the racing road. The entire thing was proudly beng recorded live so then everyone back at the firehouse could see it since they hadn't gone due to the possiblity of an emergency (and Griffin Rock was rather questionable on that part), yet they could deal with one bot being gone.

Some tight bets had been made regarding who would win, which even had the bots involved despite the lack of dollars. Many were torn to which bot would really win the race since they have never compared them before, which made watching it to be even more intense than it was.

"What exactly is the speed limit for this?" Chase questions out of pure curiosity before it truly begins.

"Whatever speed you can go, but good luck catching me!" Blurr responds quickly.

The race soon than began without a single moment to lose, and it was thrilling. It was fifty laps around the track, have to remain on the road (no shortcuts) and the speed limit is whatever but if you go right off the track that's their own fault for that move.

Some race worthy music played along as the laps were being tracked, the insane amount of drift quite literally being the smoothest moments they all have witnessed before themselves. The drifts were only Blurr though as he was ahead, but Chase was not far behind his despite the lack of drifting.

"Do you think we should've made it fifty laps?" Salvage questions, unsure whether or not he his regretting the amount as he watches the race go on.

It only just got to lap seventeen, and yet, although it would probably be boring with the same action continualy being played, it seemed that no one wanted to just stop watching what was happening. It might have been the bets doing this, but no one actually was for certain on that fact.

"Guys, I think we have a problem." Boulder says, which was only being focused towards the bots.

"Why were you doing math and stuff?" Blades questions as the board of random equations seemingly lies before all of them so suddenly. "What is all of this for exactly?"

They all took a moment, trying to figure out exactly what it was before them. Boulder didn't say anything so he wouldn't panic anybody, but the information that was being presented surely brought that panic once it was understood.

"Now that isn't suppose to make us not panic?" Heatwave asks, clearly not impressed by this. "What are we even going to do about it Boulder?"

"Uh, guys."

"I don't get it." Blades definitely did not understand the equation that was in front of him, maybe the amount of numbers confused him with everything despite knowing this sort of thing a bit.

"Well now you will." Salvage directs everyone to the screen, which clearly shows something that really catches the Cybertronians' attention. "That problem is offically relaity."

It was something that could not be seen of the eyes of humans but it certainly could be detected through lifeforms of Cybertron, a puffy smoke of a reaction that has a strange stench to it. It was invisable, but it only happened with certain parts if they either exceeded their limit or it was a virus progressing violently and rapidly.

The second on wasn't an option because the only virus that does that is for ports ,which is something he doesn't have. The first option was clear indication for something wrong, but all he bots knew exactly what it could possibly be.

"His engine is not made to go on at the rate he is going at, not to mention he isn't a racecar." Boulder states, knowing they are only on lap forty-four at the moment. "He's overheating, and if he tries to do somthing-"

"He'll wipe out completely." Unfortunately, right after Salvage said it, his words had quickly become true. 

There was a long stretch of silence, to the point that they all forgot to notice that even Blurr had stopped upon what happened. Chase fully wiped right off the road, but no one could actually tell to what thing stopped him from being directly off the road.

Luckily the damage wasn't too bad, but even after it all he was told to not do anything strenuous. The retrying of he race would certainly have to wait a good while to happen so both bots were at least in the same health condition.

In the meantime, Chase was coughing up fumes an entire week.