period!

"I told you, not today. I'm on my period!" I close the door in his face but it doesn't deter him, he knocks again.

I sigh and open the door again, he kisses my forehead and squeezes his way into the apartment.

"I brought gifts" he holds up a victoria secrets bag, I narrow my eyes.

"If there is sexy underwear in there I will kill you"

He pulls out a set of super soft blue pyjamas,  I take them from him and kiss his cheek.

"I'm not done" he adds, he pulls another bag  from behind his bag, he hands it to me. I'm pleased to find ice cream, chocolates and aspirin.

"Your a saint"

"I know, so can I stay"

I pretend to think about it before nodding. He takes the ice cream tub from my hand and heads to the kitchen, I take the pjs and change in the bedroom. When I get back to the living area he's sat on the sofa with two bowls of ice cream. Why is he so cute.

"Are you sleeping over" I ask as I snuggle into him. He puts his spare arm around me and starts to eat his dessert.

"If that's ok"

It's more than ok but I play it cool and nod, he grimaces at the TV and complains under his breath.

"I thought you liked documentaries"

"Not about serial killers, what is it about women and murder. You scream at the sight of a spider but can happily eat while seeing crime scenes and blood"

"We have a whole crime scene in our underwear every month, you get use to the sight of blood very quickly"

He grimaces and playfully pushes his I've cream bowl to me, I pick it up when I attempt to take a spoonful but he quickly takes it back.

"Oh I forgot to tell you I booked us a cabin by the lake for July 4th is that ok"

"Sounds good to me, will I be cooking"

He lifts his brow and shakes his head. "I thought I would cook for you"

"Is this one of those meals where the woman prepares the food, makes all the drinks the sides and the man just throws the meat on the BBQ"

He nods "exactly"

"Do you have any allergies other than mushrooms"

"How did you know I was allergic to mushrooms"

"You check every meals ingredients before you order, that night with Elizabeth you pulled a face when she ordered the risotto"

"Well Nancy Drew what else have you noticed about me"

"You tip at least 30% every time even when the service is bad. You don't like wine but you dont feel like you can eat a meal without it You never order desert but you happily share mine when I offer. You wear red socks when your happy and blue when your sad. Your scared of rats and a little crease appears between your eyes when your concentrating."

"Your concentrating now" I add pointing to the small crease on his forehead.

"You know I don't like wine, I always order wine at dinner"

"You don't enjoy it, you take small sips. Every time you swallow you look like your being tortured"

He smiles "you really do notice everything'

"Why do you order wine if you don't like it"

"Elizabeth always said we had to have wine with dinner, it just became a part of my life"

"There are other drinks you could order, what else do you enjoy"

He sags a little "I have no idea"
................

"What about this" I hand him a small glass containing an old fashioned cocktail.

"It's nice"

"But"

"Not for every meal"

I nod and I start making another drink, when Darcy had admitted that he didn't really know what drink he liked I had announced we were going to find out. My kitchen counter is covered in every type of alcohol available along with fruit, ice and different types of glasses.

"Margarita is a no" he pulls a face and puts the glass down.

"A Negroni Sbagliato with prosecco in it" I say in an accent mimicking the house of dragon actors viral video.

Darcy totally misses the reference, he pulls a face. He shakes his head, I'm a little curious so I take a drink and spit it back in the glass.

"Mojito" I like this cocktail, Darcy shrugs. Obviously not the one.

"Manhattan" I offer, he takes a sip and nods. He doesn't love it the whole point of this makeshift bar is finding his favourite.

"What's this it smells like coconut" he holds the bottle of Malibu under his nose.

"Coconut rum"

"What can you make with this"

I laugh, I pull out a large glass and start to make a Pina colada. He watches me with interest as I shake the drink.

His face lights up as he drinks " this is the one"

I jump up in victory, we did it I feel strangely excited. Darcy pulls me to him and puts his head in the crook of my neck. I hear him take a deep breath.

"coconut is my favourite scent after all"