risky business

My head hurts I shouldn't have stayed out until 4am when I need to be at the gallery by 9, I really need to grow up. At least I came home alone and have done nothing I would spend all day regretting. Jason and I had kissed briefly in the cab on the way home but I didn't invite him in. Things there are already too confusing without me sending even more mixed signals. I wonder if things would have been different if he hadn't thought I was a prostitute when we first met. Deep down I know we've moved on from that and it isn't the reason I won't date him. If I'm honest The reason I'm reluctant to get to know him is because he has my mother's approval. I'm so screwed up.

I'm dressed in a pink shirt dress, black heels and place black out glasses over my eyes. I laugh as I see my reflection in the gallery's window. I look like I'm dressed up as tom cruise in risky business. The newest collection is being hung up. There's already two pieces that have red stickers, I wonder who could have possibly bought them before they have been shown to the public.

"You like it" I recognise his voice immediately.

"Shouldn't you be in the office " I ask, I don't turn but I know Darcy is behind me.

The familiar smell of cinnamon fills my nostrils as he moves closer. Why does he have such an affect on me. I'm still annoyed at him for abandoning me.

"I'm the CEO I can do as I please and this morning I wanted to buy art from my favourite curator" he kisses my neck, i look around to see if anyone is around to witness this private moment.

"He's putting the paperwork on your desk, I didn't want anyone else getting the commission"

"How generous" it's clear I'm being sarcastic.

Darcy moves so he's facing me "what have I done, everything was fine last night"

"Oh when you dropped me home and went to see other stripper's"

"I didn't go see strippers , it's a cigar and whisky type of club not a titty bar"

"I thought you wanted to come up and you know" I don't finish my sentence, I hate that I'm bothered. I hate that I'm acting like a needy girl.

Darcy huffs, he runs his hands through his thick hair "I thought you would want an early night so you didn't come to work dressed as a risky business extra on your first official day as a curator"

Im mad but I can't help but to smirk, I quickly remove my sunglasses and drop them in my bag.

"That's better, how's your head" he runs his fingers down my jaw.

"I feel better than I deserve but you really do need to lower your voice" I grimace, my headache is overwhelming.

"I know what will make you feel better" he whispers suggestively.

I roll my eyes "so do I but you obviously can't give it to me"

He frowns, that was a cheap shot. I feel guilty.

"What do you mean" he finally asks. I open my mouth to speak when the delivery team interrupt us with questions about the sculptures.

"I'll see you tonight"

"I'm working"

He smiles "I know I wouldn't miss your first show"

Darcy leaves, I can finally get to work. It's my first show I need it to be a success. I assist the team in preparing the art and finding the perfect places for each piece.

"Savannah you have a call" Harry announces as he approaches me with a phone.

"Could you take a message" I ask, Harry's face pales. He shakes his head.

"She said it was incredibly important"

"She" I repeat. Harry looks like he's been on the phone with a scary dragon.

"My mother" I ask, he nods. I sigh and take the phone from his grasp. I can't subject him to another minute of my mom's shrill voice.

"Yeah"

"Savannah Gilmore is that how you answer the phone" her disapproval is clear.

"Hello mother, I don't usually answer the phone that way no"

"That's a relief, I would hate for you to lose your job so soon. Especially when I've just told everyone your running the most successful bohemian gallery in new York"

I roll my eyes " it isn't a bohemian gallery nor is it the most successful in new York"

Mom sounds frustrated as she replied " well no one else needs to know that"

"Id like to get back to work, is that all"

"Oh no Savannah I called for a reason"

"Which is"

"I called to check you had something suitable to wear for the debut of the collection tonight"

I still, how does she know the debut is tonight, I was careful not to mention work around her.  "How do you know"

"We have tickets"

"We, we who" I ask.

"Your father, Myself and a few friends"

I groan, I hadn't expected to have to deal with my family as well as a gallery full of critical and potential clients. I rub my temples, my head ache is a full on migraine now.

"You know what the collection is called right"

" in full bloom"

"Mom the artist painted flowers using her bare breasts" I bite my lip to supress my laugh, I wish I could see the look on her face.

"Yes I know I read the description on the website"

"Right"

"I may have ommited the last part when I invited the girls from the club, I just said it was all florals"

"Mom I really need to go" I look at Harry and he's still white, I'm happy to know it's not just me who is terrified by my mom.

"So do you have a suitable outfit or should I bring you one of my dresses, I could meet you at your apartment before and help you get ready" mom sounds hopeful.

"Mom I have clothes, I'll see you tonight" I release the call before she can respond and hand the phone back to Harry.

"She's coming tonight" he asks

I nod and put my fingers to my neck mimicking a gun.

Harry's voice is shaky "she's not as scary in person is she"

I place a reassuring hand on his shoulder and squeeze "harry you have no idea, hurricane Gilmore will be hitting at 9"