Humour

I can see Hugo gawping at me as I pretend to look at the menu.

"We both know you will have cheese so stop putting it off and give me the gossip"

"My nephew coming out is hardly gossip" I agrue.

We grab a slice and start walking down the street, Hugo is bursting with questions. He's almost bouncing on the spot he's so full of questions.

"So we were all sat around my small coffee table eating Chinese and he just blurted it out"

Hugo laughs "I bet Graces face was a picture, I wish I was there. Why wasn't I there, you should have called me to witness"

"Your such a nosey bitch, how would I have I have explained you being there"

"I would have hidden, I would have paid anything to have been there. Ooh can I be there when your mother finds out"

He was the only one, I know I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near home when my mother finds out. Even Grace is dreading that, she can't let Howie do it though. I don't know how or when Grace and Howard will chose to reveal Howies sexuality but I know it will be difficult.

"So how did Howard and his stepford wife take it" Hugo asks.

"Grace is the step ford wife" I question.

He nods enthusiastically "So what did she say, I want every little detail"

"They were surprised obviously but they hugged and told him they loved him. Howard said he was proud of him for being so strong and brave, it was really heart warming" just thinking about it makes me tear up. I knew they would never be cruel there good people but I hadn't expected them to be so open minded.

"It's nice to hear someone have a good experience coming out, mine was hardly a joyful experience" Hugo looks sad as he reminisces.

It had taken Hugo's family a while to come up terms with his life style, he had come out via letter as he had been so scared. His family didn't abandon him but they were distant for a while, his father had taken it the hardest. When Hugo started working in a drag show his dad had gone crazy calling him an embarrassment but eventually things got better.

"I'm worried how mother will take it, you know how she is. Dad is laid back plus one of his colleagues is gay and they play golf together so I don't see him caring"

"He will be fine, so what's happening with you and your John" Hugo asks.

"He's not my John, I'm not really a hooker remember. Nothings happening with him he's a prick"

Hugo claps his hands together with glee, I swear he just lives for drama. "Tell me I can't stand it"

"Well we had dinner and I made it clear we were just friends and he went crazy. We didn't even eat, it was embarrassing. Everyone was staring at us, I was left to walk home alone"

"What a prick" Hugo fumes.

"Yeah I ended up bumping into someone from the wedding and went for a few drinks with him."

Hugo's ears pick up, "a man . What's he like did you do it"

"It, no we didn't do it. He's just an acquaintance"

He looks at me like he doesn't believe a word, can a woman seriously not go for a drink with a man without it meaning something.