Bubbles

When darcy suggested we bathe I hadn't thought he meant together, it's a little too intimate but im quickly starting to enjoy it. He pulls my back against this chest and starts to was the paint off my body. It feels odd to have someone else cleaning and caring for me as im usually very independent, it takes a lot for me to give in control. His fingers massage my head as he lathers up my hair, it feels so good.  Darcy quietly sings snow patrol as he cleans me, he's more relaxed than I have ever seen him.

"What are our plans for the rest of the weekend" he asks, I hadn't expected to spend the weekend with him, it perks me up immediately.

"I need groceries"

"It's a nice day, we could go to the park with butch and have a picnic"

Eating stale sandwiches on the grass wouldn't be my idea of a gun time but spending the day in nature with my two favourite men does sound appealing.

"I can't imagine you sat on the grass" I confess, his chest moves against my back as he laughs.

"How do you imagine me"

I think , I close my eyes so I can concentrate "naked a cigar in your mouth with an expensive fur blanket covering your lower body"

" I'm not burt Reynolds, god how old do you think I am"

The  truth is I don't know his exact age I assume late thirties or early forties, "40"

"I was hoping you would guess late twenties" he tries his best to sound upset but starts to laugh when I tickle his ribs.

" I was 40 in January"

"You don't look a day over 25" I lie.

"I think you made the right decision" Darcy says, I'm not sure what decision he is referring to.

"The picnic" I ask.

"Accepting the apartment, you will be safer here."

"I can look after myself, I know how to keep myself safe"

"Savanna your the strongest woman I know, look at it this way. Your parents have split their money and properties in their will so you would have got the apartment eventually. Why not take it now while your parents can see you enjoy loving here. You can make memories here"

I won't admit it but he's right, I don't regret moving here. I thought it would be harder to feel at home here, I guess it's true. Home Is what you make it.

.....................

I turn up my nose at the loaded hot dog he offers me, it looks great and incredibly messy. He shrugs and proceeds to push it in his face, I can't believe he's really eating that. We walk through Central Park hand in hand, he uses his spare hand to eat while I use mine to hold the leash.

"I'll apologise in advance" Darcy whispers, initially I'm confused until I see a balding man walking towards him. I quickly release his hand and bring it to my side. I stand their awkwardly as they greet each other and shake hands.

"What are you doing at the park, I thought you would be at the Hamptons"

"Not this weekend I had some matters to attend to, Charlie this is savanna" Charlie shakes my hand, I give him a tight smile.

"And this beast is butch" he continues as he strokes but he's head, butch rewards him by stealing the last of his hot dog from darcys hand.

"Hello savanna, it's nice to meet you. You too butch" he laughs.

"Why are you not at the beach" Darcy asks.

"I'm attending the charity gala tonight, Emma's just collecting my tuxedo from the dry cleaners"

"Tonight's the masquerade ball, I forgot" Darcy admits.

"Will I see you both there"

Darcy looks at me for an answer, I shrug. I could definitely enjoy a masquerade ball.

"Yes I suppose we will" thet shake hands again.

"I must say she is very beautiful I can see why you agreed to your wife dating young boys. I think I would agree to an open marriage if I could have a pretty young thing like her on my arm. Oh how fortunate we are to have money" Charlie turns and leaves, I can see now why Darcy had apologised. His friend is a pig.

"So a ball, what's the charity"

"Cancer research"

We continue to stroll through the park, my quiet weekend now includes a formal ball. I am looking forward to it, I love to dress up.

"Do you have a gown"

"I do"

"A mask," he asks.

"I have one in mind"

"What colour is your dress, I'll try and coordinate with my outfit"

"Devil Red" he rolls his eyes at my response, his eyes dance with humour.

"Your going to be trouble tonight, I can tell"

I move my mouth close to his ear and whisper "I'm always trouble"

He kisses me quickly, my skin prickles. I can't believe he kissed me in public. Anyone could have seen.

"Babe I'm allowed to kiss you, it's not cheating remember"

It all feels so odd like some limbo where I don't know what's right and what's wrong.

"Tonight we will be in masks so we can do whatever we want" there's a hard edge to his voice,it makes my knees go week.