do over

After we eat in silence Elizabeth declares she will be spending the night at home and expects Darcy to accompany her. Darcy doesn't argue and offers to drive me and Lawrence home but we both refuse. I need the walk to clear my head, that really was the date from hell. It had ended quite comically when Lawrence offered me a quickie in the alleyway by his apartment. I politely refuse it's bad enough that I'm already screwing Elizabeth's husband I don't plan on screwing her boyfriend too.

This is just too much, it was only meant to be fun. This is quickly getting complicated, my life is hard enough without getting involved in other people's issues.

Butch is drinking from a half empty pint glass when I enter the bar, he stops when he sees me and runs to me. I collect the empty glasses and leave them on the bar, Mrs hoover smiles at me and hands me a bottled beer as soon as I sit on the stool.

"You like nice, have you been on a date"

The scowl on my face makes her laugh.

"That bad, wanna talk about it"

I'm not sure it's a good idea, I don't want her judging me.

"I've been spending time with this guy but he's not single"

"Oh no Savannah, you don't mess with married men"

"They are in a open relationship"

Mrs hoover rolls her eyes "so he says"

"I've met the wife" I pause for dramatic affect "and her boyfriend"

Mrs hoover turns around and grabs two shots of tequila, she downs hers and hands me one. "Tell me more"

"Oh it was awful, she parades this toy boy in and then gets annoyed that her husband is also dating someone younger"

"Cut him loose, you don't need the stress."

"I thought you would say that" I groan.

" Is he that good in bed"

I give her a wink, I know she's right. I have no future with him so it's not worth the hassle.

"Is break up sex out of the question" I ask.

"I'm afraid so"

I moan, I knew she would say that.

.  .............

I grab a salad from the local deli and walk home, after a long day I would love a glass of wine but I feel like my liver could do with a break. I've managed to dodge Darcy all day, he's called but I haven't answered. I feel bad but I feel like it's the only way to go. If I speak to him I will agree to a do over and in the long run that is not good for me. It will be easier to quit him cold turkey.

He calls me again as I reach my building, I look at my cell before dropping it in my bag.

"Your ignoring me" I close my eyes when I hear his voice, he's going to make this difficult.

"Does your wife know your here"

"I'm sorry about yesterday, Elizabeth just isn't used to seeing me with other women. We've got past it"

"Good for you" I walk you the stairs ignoring him.

"Savannah please"

"Please what, your married Darcy and as much as you try you can't tell me this arrangement makes you happy. It's fucked up"

"Your an exiotic dancer with a trust fund who are you to judge" I spin, he looks worried. He's already regretting his words.

I start to laugh, his worried expression quickly lifts and soon he's laughing too.

"Who knew you were so judgemental, especially when your wife is fucking boys in exchange for acting jobs"

"Ok truce" he holds out his hand, I eye it with suspicion. He pulls me to him as soon as my hand is in his. My body relaxed immediately, I wrap my legs around his waist. We kiss as he carries me up the stairs, I know this is a bad idea but I can't pull my lips from his.

I fumble for my keys as he bites my neck, he's pulling at the zip of my dress. I push the door open and turn to strip him, I dont realise that we're not alone until I hear someone clear their throat. I quickly readjust my dress and turn to see who's in my apartment, I pray it's not a thief.

It's worse, much,much worse.

"Mom what are you doing here"

Mom cranes her neck to see Darcy, I gesture for him to leave. He's hesitant but he does as I ask.

"Was that who I think it was"

"It depends, who do you think it was"

Mom sighs she's frustrated, "we will talk about him earlier I need to speak to you about your" she pauses and looks around my apartment "home"

"What about it"

"Your father hasn't been sleeping since he saw this place, he's concerned for your safety and frankly so am I"

I drop on the sofa and stroke my dog "this place is perfectly safe plus butch here is my guard dog"

"I broke in here with nothing more than my nail file plus your dog stopped barking as soon as I gave him a hot dog. It's not safe here plus this place is due to be sold"

"You know how to pick locks, did you learn that at the country club or at the spa"

"Your safety is not a laughing matter, you will be moving in our fifth avenue apartment, the arrangements have been made"

"No I won't move"

"I don't ask much from your Savannah but I'll ask you to do this for me" my dad walks out of the bathroom, I hadn't even known he was here.

"Mrs hoover is selling the bar and retiring to Florida, you have no reason to stay here now. Your a curator now, your moving up in the world your not an exiotic dancer any more you need to better your home too" mom's words have me frozen to the spot.

"Exotic dancer" I repeat.

Mom laughs "you really thought we didn't know"