shall we

Is it a good thing that it's been quiet or should I be worried. Darcy hasn't heard from Elizabeth in over a week, he's heard reports that she's been at the beach house. I know he's hoping the sun and sea air will clear her head. It's been nice to see him smiling again. It's only been 5 hours since I last saw him but I miss him, the me from five months ago would have laughed and called me pathetic. I collect some coconut macaroons from a bakery and head to his office, I skip the whole way there, I plan on living my fantasy and fucking him on the conference table. The thought makes me giggle.

I step out of the elevator and he's there waiting for me like I knew he would. He's blocking me from stepping onto his floor, he looks mad. His hair is dishevelled and his tie is loose.

"You need to leave" he barks at me.

"Excuse me I'm not a dog , don't speak to me like that" I try to push past him but he doesn't budge.

"You need to leave now" his voice is stern but somehow weak at the same time.

"What's going on" I try to look around him but he blocks my view.

"Is that the whore I can hear, why doesn't she join us"

I manage to get past him and make my way into lobby, I see Elizabeth in his office. A cold chill runs down my spine. I almost hadn't recognised her. I gasp when I see her,  I can't believe how different she looks. I had been too busy looking at Darcy's trashed office that I dont immediately see the gun shes holding. It's obvious there's been a struggle his chair has been knocked over and there is glass all over. The elevator doors closed leaving me stuck between them.

"Here she is the home wrecker, get in here and join the party" the gun is pointed at me, I have no choice but to follow her. I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket it's clear she hears it too.

"Throw it over there" she yells, I throw the phone across the room it lands on a small couch. I can't believe this is really happening.

"Put the gun down" his confidence didn't wave, Darcy was use to being obeyed and it showed. The presence of the fire arm doesn't seem to scare him, It isn't affecting him at all. I wonder whether this is not his first time having his life threatened.

His posture hasn't changed, he's still standing perfectly straight. He looks confident like always, like he's in charge of the situation. I don't think he's ever not been in control. Darcy demands respect and attention wherever he goes, I can't explain it. How he was able to stand their so confidently was a mystery to me, I certainly don't look like that.

I'm hunched over, breathing erratically. I'm positive my heart is about to pound out of my chest, I've tried to calm myself down but none of my exercises work. I must look pathetic, I'm shivering with fear. My body feels heavy, my knees feel so weak I feel like I could collapse at any second.

I sneak a look up at her and stumble when I notice her once brown eyes look like black soulless pits. All joy and happiness has drained from her making her look at least ten years older. Granted I had only met her a handful of times but she had never looked like this. Elizabeth usually was fully made up with her hair sitting perfectly in place, but today her hair was greasy and stuck to her head and her face was clear of any make up. Her skin looked almost grey, wrinkles I had never noticed before we're prominent on her face. The bags under her eyes are so dark it looks like she hasn't slept in days. I had never believed that she was in her late fifties but now every year was magnified. I feel guilty judging her appearance especially when there's something so much more serious going on. I can't bare to look at her, when I do it hurts. I look down at my feet and try to concentrate on what Darcey is saying.

I can't get her eyes out of my head they were just so empty, I had doubted she would use the gun but now I'm not so sure. My life starts to flash through my mind, it's really boring. I should have laughed more, I should have loved more. I would do everything different if I had a chance to do it again.

"Put the gun down, you do not want to do this" Darcey demands, he tries to domineer her and give her no choice but to follow his order.

A high pitched cackle escapes her, it's almost inhuman. It's like a sirens call, I can hear the pain. It's obvious that she's hurt and I can't help but to feel responsible.

"That darling is where your wrong. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to put a bullet in between her pretty little eyes" the venom in her voice makes me wince. The knowledge that she hates me that much and blames me for her unhappiness is like torture.

To my knowledge no one had ever hated me before, I really don't like the feeling.

The air is so thick with tension I can almost see my breath cutting through it.

"Savannah isn't a part of this. The problem is between you and me. Leave her out of this"

I look over at Darcy when I hear him mention my name. His big blue eyes are softening as he looks at her, he's sympathetic towards her. He's looking at her like a little bird that's hurt it's wing.

Elizabeth's grip tightens on the gun as she shakes her head furiously, she doesn't appear to be affected by his authoritative tone. Darcey repeats himself but he spoke louder and was more firm. Still no affect, i think she will shoot soon. It appears that she had stopped listening to Darcey, she isn't looking at him. 100% off her attention is on me, the smirk on her face makes me sob. I thought I was strong but I guess I was wrong. I'm a mess, I can't deal with this any longer.

"Elizabeth darling don't do this" his voice shakes betraying the fear that's eating at him. He's tried so long to be brave for the both of us, but his emotions are starting to betray his cool exterior.

Elizabeth's arms moved to the side so the gun was now pointing at Darcey. He let out a growl as they came face to face.

"Don't patronise me" she spat.

"Darling" she mimicked harshley. Elizabeth's grimaced as though she had just eaten something nasty.

I look around the room for anything that could possibly help. I can't reach my phone and I'm too far away to grab it without catching her attention and putting darceys life in danger.

"Elizabeth put the gun down or shoot me. I'm getting bored now, I have enough to do today without dealing with this shit"

I gasp, damn you Darcey what are you playing at. It's like he's goading her to shoot him. My anxiety is through the roof. I glare at him willing him to shut up.

"Bored of me, what a surprise. After 20 years together and everything I have done for you. I gave you everything, you had the best years of my life but you fucked me over" Elizabeth spits. Her eyes start to leak, tears fall fast and hard down her cheeks.

"Is the gun loaded" I whisper.

Elizabeth smiles, it reminds me of the joker in batman. "Let's find out shall we"

I squeeze my eyes shut as she pulls the trigger, it's so loud. The noise echoes through the room, I hear Darcy scream out. My eyes are closed so tightly that it's all black. I see nothing but darkness

The end

AUTHORS NOTE

Don't worry I'm not pulling a sopranos ending in you. An epilogue will be uploaded shortly. I won't make you wait too long. What are we thinking. Comment and vote.

Thank you so much for showing me so much love i have loved waking up to your comments everyday.

I hope you will give my other books a chance. My favourite is too young.

Taylor