joke

I'm on my way up to Darcy's office to meet him, he called called me to say it had been a busy day and he would be late home. I decide to keep him company so pick up some sushi and head to his office.

I find him waiting for me at the elevator, hes smiling brightly. He looks tired but he pulls me in for a hug. I feel like he needed this, he needed me.

"What treat have you got today, I know you haven't been baking" he takes the bag from my hand. We walk into the empty conference room, he lays the food out and licks his lips.

"How did you know I hadn't eaten"

"You said you've been busy, I knew you wouldn't break off for a meal"

"What did I do to deserve you" he starts to eat, it's clear gets hungrier than he thought. I watch him with interest, I love to see him sat at the head of the table. I wonder what he's like when he's leading the meetings or directing his staff, I'm turned on at the thought of him commanding everyone's attention. I wonder if he's up for a quickie on the table.

"Where are you, you spineless bastard" her voice echoes through the empty floor, I recognise the voice as Elizabeths.

"I guess she wants to dispute something in the divorce, you wait here I'll speak to her" Darcy wipes his face before closing the conference room door. The door doesn't lock it's slightly a jar so I can hear her pacing across the corridor. I hear a loud cracking noise, I guess she's smacked his face.

"You didn't have the balls to ask me yourself, you send them by courier like a coward"

"I told you last week I wanted a divorce, you agreed" his tone is calm, he's trying to reason with her.

"I thought that you were joking, drunk or even both. You don't get to divorce me not after all I've done for you"

"We haven't been happy in a long time, hell you wanted other men only a few months into our marriage. Have I ever made you happy"

"Darcy this arrangement benefited you just as much as it did me, especially recently"

"Elizabeth I was faithful to you, I never even looked at another woman until 4 months ago."

"Oh yes the blonde with big tits, I've heard you've been chasing her like a puppy"

"Pathetic" she adds.

"Elizabeth I respect you, I want you to be happy. Dont you want me to be happy"

"She doesn't know you like I do" her voice is sickly sweet.

"Why don't I eat mushrooms"

It takes her a minute to answer "I wasn't aware you didn't, why does it matter anyway"

"I'm allergic Elizabeth"

"Just because I didn't know that one thing doesn't mean I don't know you"

"I'm wearing red socks today, what does that mean"

I still,I know the answer but I doubt she will. I don't think she knows him at all.

"What a stupid question, it doesn't mean anything there just socks"

"Red socks means I'm happy, I wear blue when I'm sad but you've never noticed"

"That's ridiculous how could I possibly know that"

"Savannah knows"

"Your making a mistake, your heads been turned by a pretty girl that's all this is. "

"I love her"

"It's just infatuation,lust. You dont love her and she certainly doesn't love you. Your just a walking ATM."

"That's not true, she has her own money. Not everyone is driven by the need for money, for stuff"  he's shouting now, he's angry. I wonder if I should go out there, should I try to intervene.

"Your a fool, an old fool at that. I'll give you a few days to come to your senses"

"Elizabeth your bit hearing me, you never hear me. It's over, were over"

"Were over when I say we're over" theres a scary edge to her voice. For the first time I'm scared for Darcy.