Make up sex

Our relationship really is getting more normal by the day, it's only 4pm and we've had at least 3 mini disagreements.

Number 1 when I commented that the chicken on the BBQ looked undercooked, Darcy had strongly disagreed. He was mad that I questioned his cooking skills, even though he has no cooking skills and hasn't cooked in 20 years.

Number 2 when Darcy got jealous that I was wearing a bikini while talking to his neighbours twenty something son. He had clearly been jealous and maybe a little intimidated, he commented more than once that Randy the neighbour must take steroids to achieve such a chiseled physique. It didn't help when I commented that maybe randy just ate well and went to the gym.

Number 3, well number 3 is the reason we're sat in my moms living room in our swim wear.

FLASHBACK

"Is it time to do the fireworks" Darcy asks me.

"Yeah you can start them when you want"

"Me start them, I thought you were lighting them"

"I don't know how to do it, I've never lit a firework in my life" I reply.

"I can't do it, I'm afraid of fire"

"You literally just lit your cigar just do it"

"What if I do it wrong and it hits someone"

"Why don't we ask randy or his dad to do it for us" I immediately know I've fucked up.

"We don't need a 23 year old steroid taking smart mouth ass hole to do it. I'll do it"

He's mad, he storms over to the firework and proceeds to light them, one after the other. I call out that they need to be done individually but it's too late. They quickly take off in every direction, one flies through the window of the house sending glass everywhere. More and more shoot in the house it all happens so quickly. One minute he's lighting fireworks and the next were sat in his car watching the fire truck driving away. Luckily no one is hurt and the damage to the house is only cosmetic but until it's sorted it's definitely not habitable. We don't speak we just look down at our feet, it's too late to head back to the city and we can't get a cab. There's only one solution.

"My parents are at the Hamptons hosting their forth of July party, we can sleep there and leave first thing in the morning. I'm sure I have some clothes in my room from high school and I bet you could fit in my dad's clothes "

He sighs with defeat "and your sure their not home"

"Positive"

.................   

I had been wrong, a leak at the Hamptons house had meant the party had been cancelled. Instead my family spent the day celebrating at our family home by the pool. I almost died when I walked through the house with Butch and Darcy to find my mom,dad,sister,Howard and their kids sat at the kitchen enjoying a cheese board.

Mom had quickly ushered us into the living room not even giving us the opportunity to cover ourselves. Darcy covers his American flag swimming trunks with one of mom's sofa cushions, I can see Howard laughing behind mom. This is mortifying.

Mom listens and nods as I recall the story of the fire and that we hadn't been able to retrieve our clothes. Mom's quiet, too quiet, I expect her to explode any second with rage .

Mom starts to laugh, we all look at eachother in surprise.

"I think you've done it you have finally drove your mother mad" dad complains.

Mom wipes a stray tear from her eye, she finally composes herself. Now the shouting will begin, I brace myself.

"So fire out of the way, I would like to know why your both alone at a lake house celebrating a national holiday. You have a wife i recall, a very brash wife but a wife all the same"

Darcy doesn't sink he sits up straight, he speaks with confidence even though he's previously admitted that he's scared of my mom. "You've heard the rumours about my marriage in sure"

Mom nods.

"It doesn't matter now anyway because I've started divorce proceedings"

Mom and dad exchange looks, I can see grace and Howard are surprised also.

"You will be labelled a home wrecker, I've been able to protect your reputation this far Savannah but even I can't calm the scandal this will cause"

"There will be no scandal, we won't date publicly until after the divorce has started. Whatever time you thinks suitable, I want to be with your daughter"

"Why Savannah" dad asks, I'm wondering the same thing myself.

"Patrick she's the kindest, sweetest most genuine person I've ever met. And in all honesty I'm in love with her"

Darcy turns to me, I can feel my heart thumping across my chest. "I shouldn't be telling your dad I love you for the first time I should be telling you. I love you Savannah"

"I love you too"