Pearls

"Your seriously wearing pearls to a bachelorette party" I had expected this from my mom but not Grace.

"Do you not like them they were Grandmothers"

"I can tell, you can't go in them. Take them off and the jacket" I pull the jacket from her shoulders. Grace is wearing a knee length maroon dress with matching heels the accessories she's wearing just take away from the dress.

"You look great" I hope I can install confidence in her, she really looks good. With a figure like hers it's was hard to believe she had given birth to two big headed boys.

"Not as great as you, I wish I could pull off a dress like that. You know mom will not approve though"

I look down at the black skater knee length dressnand know she's right. My legs are showing true but my chest is fully covered. I'm showing just the right amount of skin.

"I still don't believe mom will come" Grace laughs, I nod neither can I.

"Well believe it because here I am" Mother comes down the stairs in a pair of black pants and cream shirt with jewel detailing on the cuffs and collar.

"We're going clubbing mother not playing bridge" I joke.

"You think I would wear something like this to bridge, the girls would think I'd lost my mind. You look lovely Grace very tasteful and Savannah" she pauses or dramatic effect. I'm ready for the insult coming my way.

"Good choice, black is very slimming"

I look at Grace for confirmation that I wasn't hearing things, she looks as shocked as me. From my mom that's a compliment.

"Thanks, should we go"

"Lead the way, your father is going to drop us off before he joins your brother at the club"

"Dads going clubbing"

"Don't be obserd, there having a few drinks at the country club before they go out then your dad is coming home. Really do you have brains in that head of yours"

"Sorry mom" I smirk.

I walk out I the house and hear my mother gasp, " I hadn't realised your dress had such a low back, you will catch your death"

"With any luck" I say under my breath.

"Excuse me" mom says sternly.

I tell her I hadn't said anything and slip into dads car before she can question me further.

"Looking lovely ladies, do we all need cash" dad asks as he pulls some notes from his wallet. Before we can object he hands us all wad of notes. There's no point refusing as he won't take no for an answer.

"Thank you" we all chorus. Grace rolls her eyes as I stuff the notes in my bra luckily my mother doesn't see, dad smiles as he catches me. He finds my quirks amusing as mum just says I'm outrageous.

The journey to the club is surprisingly painless, Dad warns us about not accepting drinks from strangers and other drinking protocols. It's like being a teenager again. Mother comments on how she hopes the club will be clean and how she is hoping no one embarrasses her, she doesn't specify anyone in particular but we all know it's aimed at me. Is it bad that I just want to get drunk and go crazy just to annoy her.

"What is Toni wearing? Lord give me strength"

I follow where my mum is looking and see Toni wearing a short white dress with a pink sash and a veil on her head. It's not that what's the problem, I think it's the penis headband she's wearing that's left my mother so appalled.