Tramp with soft hair

I bolt up from bed and run across to the door letting my sister in to my semi clean apartment.

"Jesus Savannah, why aren't you ready"

"I fell asleep, I just need a quick shower" I give her pleading eyes hoping she will agree to set off a little later than planned.

"Really quick, ill go get Howard and the boys. You have half an hour we will just sit on your..." she points in the living space oh my open plan apartment.

"Futon" I say finishing her sentence.

I grab my outfit, the one I had taken hours to decide on and run to the bathroom. The mask on my face is as hard as nails, it takes the majority of my time to get off. I was my hair quickly and step in front of the mirror. I brush my teeth as I start drying my hair, my hair is super soft. My face however is not as it should have been, I had been a little rough when removing the green mask so my skin was red. Just what I need I looked like a tramp with soft hair.

I quickly step into my underwear and slip on the simple blue dress and matching heels. There's no way I can cover my skin with make up while it's so sore so I massage moisturiser in before quickly curling my hair.

Howard laughs as I return, for a man with as much as money that he does he is down to earth. We have always gotten along well, when I was a kid he would be the one who bought me alcohol to take to parties. He was like a big brother to me. Although when it came to me dating he wasn't so laid back.

"You caught the sun" he says referring to my red face.

"Ha ha funny. No"

"We ready then" Grace asks as she finishes making my bed. She's more like mother than she would like to admit.

My two teenage nephews are sat with their eyes glued to their phones, I see what my sister means about them being brain dead.

Howard grabs my case as I grab my make up bag and lock up. I walk slowly to the car, my sister guesses what I'm doing and laughs.

"Walking slow is only going to prolong it, your still going to have to face them" she shouts from her window.

I huff as I sit in the back of the car, I send Hugo a sad emoji. He replies almost immediately, he does nothing to make me feel better. He just mocks me , why am I his friend again.

I try to make small talk with the boys but there more interested in their phones so I give up. I guess I will have to answer questions about my life.

"Have you been dating anyone new" Grace asks as she looks back at me. I knew this question would be coming.

I'm glad my face is already red from the scrubbing so she can't see my embarrassment.

"No I haven't" it's not a lie. A one night stand isn't dating.

"You know Mom will try and match make, she told me she has the perfect man for you"

I roll my eyes, perfect in my mother's eyes is rich and stuck up. The type of man who only has sex on the third Saturday of the month. No thank you.

"Joy, I'm thrilled at the prospect" my voice is dripping with sarcasm. Grace doesn't appear to notice, Howard however laughs .

Around an hour into the journey my face is back to normal so I apply a natural looking amount of make up to my face. I look as presentable as I'm going to look, Mother will find something to critique though. I will always be inadequate in her eyes, whatever I do will always be wrong.

"Are we there yet" howie asks. It's the first time i have heard him speak the whole journey.

"No, not yet" Howard's replies.