Undone

"Grace" I hadn't meant to say my sister's name aloud it just came out.

A crease forms on her forehead as she recognises my voice "Savannah, what are you doing here"

"I'm on a date"

"That is not Jason, I know that for a fact because I had to spend a ten minute cab rising hearing him complain that you're ignoring his calls"

"Why would it be Jason, were not dating"  I'm sick of people trying to set us up.

"You need to tell him that, he's like a love sick puppy" grace takes the seat opposite mine leaving the one directly next to me free.

"Howard please sit here" I beg as he approaches the table.

"I'm not going to deny a sexy stranger" he jokes before taking the seat.

"It's Savannah" grace says loudly, I shush her. I don't know if Jason is within earshot.

"Oh I see, should we call you by another name so he doesn't realise it's you" grace rolls her eyes at Howard's suggestion but I think it's genius.

"My name's Esther and I'm the daughter of a rich investor " "you can be my daddy" I whisper to Darcy. The look on my sister's face tells me I hadn't been as discreet as I intended.

"Sugar daddy maybe" Howard Jones, Darcy laughs.

"I'll be Gideon Im an art dealer"  Darcy declares.

"Is there only me who is happy being themselves " grace Huff's.

"I called her again , I think she's blocked my calls" Jason complains as he slumps down in his chair.

"Evening I'm Jason" he offers Darcy his hand first before shaking mine.

"Gideon this is my girlfriend" he stumbles he's forgotten my new identity already.

"Esther" I offer. I feel giddy when he uses the word girlfriend, I know it's not real but for tonight it is. It makes me cheerful.

"Great to meet you, have you seen the auction. I think I'm going to bid on the weekend in Vermont and surprise Savannah"

Grace and Howard both look at me, I roll my eyes.  I excuse myself from the table and head to the bar. I need to put an end to this.

I unblock Jason's number and send him a message

Jason I'm sorry I've not answered your calls, texts, emails or Facebook messages. I've been very busy at work but that's no excuse, the truth is I've met someone so im spending time with him and seeing where things will go. I'm sorry if my mom has made you believe there was a future between us, your a great guy and I know you won't find it hard to move on. Savannah

I send the message and head back to the table, Darcy looks like he needs rescuing he is gesturing to Jason with his head. I catch the last of their conversation as I take my seat.

"Your mom was right she is dating someone else" he turns his cell and shows Howard.

Howard clasps his shoulder "at least she's let you know, you can move on now"

Grace is glaring at me, I can see the smirk threatening her lips. I smile brightly at her.

"There's a lot of eligible women here" I offer. He shrugs, he doesn't look too bothered.

"You could have at least called him and let him down gently" she whispers.

"I'll just call him while I'm sat at the table shall I, god grace we were never even dating"

"You had sex with him"

"And" I challenge.

"What do you think About the weekend in Vermont, we could go next week" Darcy asks as he takes my hand in his.

"Sounds wonderful dear" I reply, my sister finally smiles and turns her attention back to Jason.

"Do you think she's recognised you" I ask as I lean into Darcy.

He shakes his head "I don't think so, so you've released Jason back into the wild I see"

I shrug "I guess, I'm not interested so he may as well know'

Darcy uses his finger to draw circles on my arm, he moves his mouth to my ear, I can feel his hot breath on my neck"I love touching you"

"I've noticed" I purr.

"Dance with me"he stands and offers me his hand, I feel strangely protected when I'm in his arms. It's like he's my own personal comfort blanket.

We glide across the dancefloor, I rest my head on his shoulder I feel a small kiss to my head. This is pure ecstacy, I wish it didn't have to end. I like these characters were playing, I like that we can hold hands without judgement. I wish things could always be this way.

"You smell so good" he runs his nose through my hair.

"Like coconuts" he adds.

"You smell like cinnamon" I tell him. He's my favourite smell.

We dance slowly , I don't even hear the beat of the music over the sound of his heart. I don't see anyone else other than Darcy.

"Should we go home" I look up in his dark eyes, I don't care that we haven't eaten, I don't care that we will miss the auction I don't even care what my sister will think when she sees me leaving with him. He called my place home and right now that's the only place I want us to be.