Choices

"So you have an old guy you have slept with but not fucked, a rich guy you've fucked but haven't slept with and a drop dead gorgeous ex on the scene and your complaining your lonely" Hillary laughs as she sits by me.

"I don't have any of them on the scene, Jason is a dick who I don't plan to see again. Darcy is just a friend and tom... well Toms just my ex" I Argue.

Hillary gives me a knowing look "just an ex, didn't you say he was your first. Your first is never just an ex"

I suppose she's right but she won't hear that from me, I won't admit it ever. I'm stubborn like that.

"You know shes right, that's why your not arguing" Gemma says with a laugh.

"No I'm just smart enough to argue when I have 4 of you here ganging up on me" 

The girls don't bother to reply, they start taking amongst them self about my "exciting love life" they truly have no idea just how wrong they are.

I take to the stage and move to the music, the club is busy so soon I see a pool of green at my feet. Oh I do love a good pay day.

I bend to take the notes from an offering hand, when I look up I come face to face with Darcy. The horror on my face must be obvious as He gives me a reassuring smile.  He looks at me with interest, not surprise.

I leave the money scattered on the stage and run back to the dressing room. My heart is pounding against my chest, I'm so overwhelmed. I fear I'm in shock, I've never seen anyone I knew here. I don't know how to deal with this, the worst part is that Darcy knows my family. I hope he doesn't tell them.

I manage to compose myself, I put on a short dress and walk out to find Darcy waiting for me.

"You are really honest" he tells me.

"Why are you here"

"I called by your place to return the tie and your neighbour said you were at work"

That doesn't answer my question "how did you find me here"

"You work nights, you told me you were an exotic dancer remember. I had thought you were joking but obviously not, there's only 3 clubs close to your studio. I got lucky" he explains.

My whole body turns red. The thought of him seeing me top less makes me feel uncomfortable.

"My family don't know" I tell him.

"I had assumed as much, they won't find out from me" he smiles and hands me back the tie.

I ask him to wait as I put it with my things, I see the money I had left on the stage in a neat pile on my table.

When I return to the bar I see Darcy and Derek speaking. I feel more nervous now. Derek signals me over, he whispers in my ear as Darcy orders a drink.

He tells me Darcy has paid for me to join him at his table for the night, no private Dances just conversation. I really don't want to take Darcys money but I can't refuse Derek.

"You didn't have to do that" I whisper as I take Darcy back to his table.

"I can afford it"

I take the glass of champagne he offers and almost drink it down in one. It's more awkward than I had expected it to be.

"I made the meeting just in time thanks to you, i owe you big" he clinks his glass with mine and gives me a huge sexy smile.

"So did you manage to get your keys back"

He laughs and tells me about how his assistant had spent an hour fishing down the drain with a stick. In the end he did retrieve them.

I notice the girls raise their eyebrows at me as they pass. I have been really lucky lately with the private and VIP customers. I can see the curiosity on their faces, I know I will have to answer many questions later.

"So Heather tell me about yourself"

"Do you want to know Heather or savannah " i ask.

"Aren't they the same person"

I shake my head

"Tell me about the real you"

I tell him my life is not interesting but he insists that I let him be the judge.

"I'm 21. I've lived in New York for 3 years. I have a degree in fine arts and I enjoy dancing" I reply robotically.

"This isn't a job interview" he jokes.

I relax a little but not fully "I started here when I finished school. I refuse to take money from my family. They paid while I attended college and that was enough. I hate the feeling that I'm indebted to them. Were not close, my mom and I are polar opposites"

Darcy urges me to continue. He seems to be genuinely interested in what I have to say.

"I knew I wouldn't work in art, it was my mother who forced me into it. Mother wants nothing more than for me to get married to some professional and play house."

"So you like it here"

I look around and shrug, "it's not as bad as people think, I don't really like showing strangers my breasts but I have to eat and it gives me a chance to dance"

He nods "is there no where else you could work"

"I'm sure there is, I had a bunch of interviews but never heard back. I just lost Interest. I guess this is just my place for now"

"A girl like you isn't meant for this, there's bigger and better things in your future" he sounds sincere, I don't think he's mocking me.

I wish I was as confident as him, I just nod and humour him. I don't see my life getting any better any time soon.

The night flys by and I find myself genuinely enjoying Darcys company. I hadn't realised my shift was over until Derek comes to tell me. I change and leave through the back doors, Darcy is stood by the open door of a taxi.

"Want a lift" he smirks.

Usually I would decline but I feel like I can trust him. He did after all share my bed and kept his hands to himself. I sit beside him as he feels the driver there will be two stops. I'm pleasantly surprised that he hasnt assumed that he was coming home with me.

We talk the whole journey home, it's like we're old friends.

"Oh thanks for the perfume it was very kind" I sat remembering I had yet to thank him.

He smiles brightly " I'm glad you like it"

We pull up to my place and Darcy kisses my cheek as he sees me to my door.

Today has been great but I didn't know that the surprises hadn't stopped yet.

When I enter my apartment I find a huge bouquet of flowers on my table with a small card.

** thanks for lunch, I hope we can do it again. I didn't realise how much I missed you x Tom **

I hug the card to my chest, this was the Tom I knew. He was always so thoughtful when we were dating.

I was thinking how lucky I was when my luck dramatically changed. My phone rings and my mothers name fills the screen.