Awkward

"It's really not that funny" he says through gritted teeth.

I try my best to control my laughter but I fail miserably, i still could not believe that he had turned up to a ball game in a tuxedo. Thank god I had seen him before any of his colleagues, he would never be able to live it down.

"Oh my god" I place my hand on my mouth to mute my giggles as he leaves the toilet cubicle. His face is a picture he looks as though he's been sucking on a lemon. I look him over head to toe and smirk.

"I look stupid" he complains.

"Stop complaining, your lucky they had your sizes in the gift shop"

Tom is dressed head to toe in the teams  merchandise, he looks like a walking billboard. I think he may get just as much grief for this sports nut look than he would have if he had stuck with the tuxedo.

"I look like a hooligan, maybe we should go before anyone knows I'm here"

I'm about to agree when a man clasps Toms shoulder.

"Tom your a legend. Wait until everyone sees you. The boss will love it" the young man says happily.

"Oh you know me, I like a joke" Tom sounds almost sincere. He may actually get away with this.

"Garry this is my friend Savannah, sav this Is Harry he's in IT"

"Head of IT" garry rectifies as he offers me his hand.

Tom and I follow Garry through the stadium up to the large private box his company had purchased. To say that the box was luxurious was a total understatement. A large bar held every type of alcohol available, a large banquet table sits against the back wall. I feel like I've put 10lb on just looking at all the food. The table is full of all the foods you would expect at a ball game like hamburgers and nachos but also some that would be more at home at a ball.

"I've never seen lobster rolls at a ball game" I whisper in toms ear. He laughs and agrees.

"We like to cater for Everyone" a man jokes behind me. I cringe that my comment was overheard. Thankfully the man isn't offended my comment. He seems to find it as amusing as I do.

Tom turns and greets the stranger as I remove my jacket. I turn and feel the smile slide from my face as I see who is stood before me.

Tom introduces us. I don't hear a word, I'm stunned. I know his name and he knows mine there is no need for introductions. A small smirk appears on Darcy's face as he shakes my hand, he doesn't tell Tom that we are already aquatinted. I follow his lead and decide it's for the best that I withhold that information.

"Lovely to meet you savannah, how do you know my intern here"

"Your intern" I ask. Oh god is the city that small that my ex is working for the man who's actively trying to get into my panties.

"Yes Tom here works for my company" Darcy states his face dancing with amusement. I can't believe how much pleasure he's taking in my discomfort. The bastard.

I nod and look away, I can't look at him it's too strange. How am I suppose to spend the afternoon with Darcy with what was currently happening.

I fake interest as the men speak between themselves until I finally excuse myself and head to the bar. Vodka is in desperate need right now, I'm so on edge that I actually jump when I feel a hand on my lower back.

"Small world huh" he whispers against my ear. God help me.

"Too small"

"So you liked your gift I see"

I look down at the offending item and sigh, of all days to use it it had to be when I would be seeing him.

"I did , Darcy this is too wierd I really shouldn't stay"

"How would you explain your leaving to your boyfriend"

I roll my eyes and look over at Tom who's talking to an old man wearing almost as much team merchandise as he was.

"Tom isn't my boyfriend, we're just old friends" it's not technically a lie.

"So he hasn't seen you naked"

I feel heat rise up my cheeks "well yea but that was a long time ago"

"Well I guess I have another reason to dislike him then"

I find myself laughing "And what would the first reason be"

"Because he whistles show tunes when he's concentrating" Darcy laughs and walks away. I smile to myself, I'm happy In the knowledge that it isn't only during sex when he whistles.