Mistake

"I'm so sorry" I say as I pull myself back, my body was betraying me I was so close to him that we could kiss again without having to move. I don't know what had come over me, the atmosphere in the car had been so tense I just couldn't stop myself from breaking the awkward tension. A normal person would have made a joke but not me, instead I use my lips for a totally inappropriate kiss. Darcy is off bounds even more so now I know he's toms boss. I had been a little tempted by his offer but now I know just how out of bounds he is I suddenly want him more. It's almost like I can't resist him. Why do you always want what you can't have.

Darcy looks confused, his eyebrows rise as he runs his hair through his hair. I watch as he moves back in his chair, he doesn't speak but I can see his mind is working overtime. I would love to know what he's thinking.

"Fred can you take us to Savannah's apartment" he finally says through the screen to his driver.

"Of course sir"

Darcy pours himself a tumbler of whiskey from the small bar and looks through the window. The silence is even more deafening than before.

I'm not sure why we're going to my place, i hope he hasn't taken my kissing him as a sign that I wasn't to agree to his offer. I really haven't changed my mind I still just want to be friends. I've lead him on I know I have and I feel bad, I truly do.

We arrive at my apartment after what feels like an hour, Darcy opens the door and waits for me to follow him.

"I'll be in touch" he says with a curt nod of his head. Before I can take it in he gets in his town car and leaves. I'm left stood at the side of the street with a bewildered look on my face.

"Well fuck me that was strange"

I can't bare to go into my apartment, I had planned a night  of drinking and I was gonna do it. I didn't need Darcy to have a good time, I have other friends. Ones that aren't after anything more than my friendship. 

......

"But I'm not dressed for a party"

Sasha my oldest friend ignores my complaints and continues to touch up her make up.

"Sash if you put any more on you will look like a drag queen"

I laugh as the lipstick she throws hit my head, i grimace when I see the hooker red colour.

Sasha walks away and returns with a little black dress "you can wear this"

"Sash your smaller than me, your dress will be"

"Perfect" she says finishing my sentence.

I decide to humour her and try it on, it's a little tight especially on my bust but because it's long I can just about get away with the amount of cleavage on show. After adding a little more make up and moving my things to a small clutch bag I'm ready to go.

"So who's party is it" I ask as we hail a cab.

"Just a girl from work, her dad just opened an exhibit at some gallery so she invited the whole office."

"Which gallery "

Sasha shrugs "I can't remember the name I just know it's next to the raw bistro"

The bar is full just as Sasha had said it would be. The amount of men in stuffy suits almost doubles the amount of women, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

"So what's the exhibit about" I ask as I grab us both a glass of red wine from a passing tray. It's cheap just like it always is at these things.

"Breast" she replied deadpan.

"Say that again" I ask, if she's joking then she's got a great poker face.

Sasha smirks at me, "I was one of his models"

"Fuck off" I say loudly. I mouth apologies to the people who give me a dirty look. My little outburst didn't go unnoticed.

"Don't make a scene" Sasha hisses.

"You let some old perv look at your breasts and agreed for them to be shown in public"

"Yeah why not"

Is she for real, "he will have been jerking off over your painting"

"Only the once" I turn at the deep voice that booms behind me.

Sasha is red, she looks like she's about to combust with embarrassment.

"Savannah this is Phillip the artist" she hisses.

Phillip is around 70, he's grey and extremely eccentric.  He's dressed head to toe in purple.

"Fuck"

Phillip laughs "it's ok savannah we all have a little pervert in us it's fine. I do paint naked women for a living but I think promise I have never jerked off over my subjects"

"I should hope not" a tall blonde says as he clasps Phillips shoulder.

Phillip smiles lovingly up at the handsome man "ladies this is my husband Alexander"

"Darling you need to mingle with the press, one of your paintings has already been sold" Alexander says after greeting us.

"I love your work, and I actually work in a gallery myself"

"you do, which one" Alexander asks.

"velvet Ive only been there like a day" and I say with a laugh.

"ooh some new blood, I may have to contact him about showing my next collection. I didnt like the last curator, he was so stuffy" Phillip says as he drains his glass.

"we currently have Jay Malones penis collection in, I have a feeling you would enjoy his work" I say with a wink.

The two men laugh and agree that they would, they promise that they will come visit me at the gallery soon.

"I could kill you" Sasha says as she downs her drink, I can see the corner of her mouth lifting with amusement.

"Does she always speak before she thinks"

Sasha laughs and tells the man to her left that I do.

Imagine my surprise when I see him glaring at me. Just when I though this night couldn't get any worse.

"hi savanna" he purrs.

I roll my eyes and reply in a flat tone, I make it clear that I don't want to speak to him. I "hello Jason"