double date

My work day runs long so I end up arriving at my apartment only twenty minutes before I'm due to be picked up by Darcy. I find butch in the bar with my landlord, she tells me they have been for a walk and I don't need to worry she will have him for the night. I thank her profusely, I don't know what I would do without her.

I run up the stairs taking two at a time, I really have no time to waste. I slip on the black lace set that sits at the top of the gift he sent, I can't wait to tell him I'm wearing his gift. I change into a black sheer dress that's only just acceptable to wear in public. I pin my curls to my head lazily and leave a few to frame my face, I add a little more eye makeup and slip on some higher heels. There's a knock on the door,I don't need to look I know it's him.

"Come in" I call.

"What if I were here to steal your stuff"

"Are you here to steal my stuff" I ask seriously.

He looks around as though he's considering his reply "nah"

"No problem then" I shrug.

"Thank you for the gift by the way" I purr as I walk past him.

"You liked it then"

He pulls me to him and kisses my neck.

"Mmm"

As I pull away I remember the awkward interaction my mom and I had, so I need to tell him."my mom was there when I opened the box"

Darcy laughs the whole way to the car, he is holding his sides and his eyes are watering.

"What did she say" he finally asks.

"She said I must be dating some sort of pervert"

"It's good that I didn't sign the card, her head would have exploded"

"I'm wearing the black set" I whisper as the driver closes the door behind us.

"I hope I get to see them in person later"

I shrug "maybe".

Inside I'm screaming and nodding my head like a bobble head.

"My assistant booked us a table at Alessandro, have you been"

I shake my head, "I've heard good things"

"It's quiet and dark" he has a devilish grin, I wonder what he's thinking.

" What are you doing for forth of July" he asks, it's only a few weeks away and my mother hadn't mentioned it. I wonder if it's just expected that I'll attend her annual party. I already know the answer to that, she's definitely expecting me to attend.

"Mom throws a party, I was thinking of faking an illness so I don't have to attend"

"I believe I got an invite to that, I was planning on taking an illness too"

"Elizabeth is going to the cape with Lewis"

"Lawrence" I correct him, he rolls his eyes like it's the same thing.

"We could both attend your mother's party or we could go to my house at the Hamptons and have our own celebrations "

I don't need much convincing "I'm off from the 3rd to the Tuesday"

"I know I asked Jim"

"Does Jim know about us" I ask, I'm not sure I like my boss knowing so much about my personal life especially when it includes my relationship with his married friend.

"No I casually asked him if he was free and he told me you all had a long weekend. Jim is a friend but I don't want to make your working relationship more complicated than it has to be"

"Your so thoughtful" I tease.

We pull up at the intimate Italian restaurant, the driver knocks on the door and waits for Darcy to declare it's ok to open it. I wonder if that's a move they perform so he doesn't catch Darcy with his pants down, the thought of him being with another woman makes me feel a little sick. I'm immediately angry with myself, I knew what this was when it started.

Were quickly seated by the window, it's spacious but somehow cosy. He holds my hand as we read the menus over candle light.

"That dress is see through, especially when the right light hits it" he licks his lips. He takes his hand from mine and puts it under the table, he runs his fingers over my bare thigh. I shoot daggers at him but he doesn't care, he pulls my chair closer so he can reach my panties. He slides a finger in me ,I manage to cover my moan with a cough.

"Elizabeth"

I still, is he really calling me by his wife's name while he still has his finger in me.

"Elizabeth is behind you, she's coming this way" he removes his hand. I watch in horror as he brings his finger to his lips and licks it clean. I readjust my dress and sit up straight, I smell her before I see her. Elizabeth smells like she's been dipped in channel number 5.

"Darling, what a surprise" she kisses Darcy as he stands to greet her.

"You again, you must be interesting. I would love to get to know you better" Elizabeth is watching me waiting for me to respond.

"I'm Lawrence" her companion offers me his hand, hes blonde and very attractive.

"Savannah" I reply, this is so awkward but only I seem to feel this way.

"No time like the present, you wouldn't mind if we joined you would you" she doesn't wait for a reply, she gestures for the staff to move a table to ours so they can sit with us.

Darcy shrugs at me before quickly squeezing my hand. This has to be the worst date in the history of the world.

"Drinks" a waiter asks as he adds the last of the table ware to the table.

"Yes" I blurt out.

"A bottle of your best red and 4 whiskys neat" Darcy replies.

"I'll stick to wine I don't drink whisky" Lawrence says

"I'll have his" I tell the waiter, he scurries off. I think he can feel the tension at the table.

We sit in silence as the waiter returns with our drinks, I down my whisky.

Elizabeth is the first to speak "so Savannah how long have you been fucking my husband "

I take the second glass of whisky and shoot it down, I'm going to need as much alcohol as possible to get through this meal!