corsages and shit

I knew the moment Tom picked me up from my apartment holding a corsage that I had outgrown him. The first thing I had thought was "is he trying to relive prom". There was no way I would be leaving the apartment with the flowers on my wrist. I'm relieved when he once again mentions he likes a woman in the office and hopes I can be his wingman. I'm happy that at least one man in my life is uncomplicated. I haven't spoken to Darcy since the day I kissed him and he rejected me, I hope things won't be awkward.

"Did I tell you how great you look" Tom asks as he looks over the skin tight black gown I'm wearing.

"Thanks I thought I should make an effort" I joke.

"A limo" I say aloud as I take in the stretch limo parked in front of the building.

"Yeah I thought we would arrive in style"

"Is everyone arriving in a limo" I ask.

Tom shrugs, I take the glass of champagne he gives me and slide into the seat.

"Will you be ok if I end up getting lucky" tom asks.

I roll my eyes, it doesn't seem like tom has changed. He's still acting like a womaniser, like sex is the only thing on his mind.

"I'm sure I'll be fine, at least I know some of your colleagues now"

"My boss seemed to like you so you can talk to him and his wife"

"His wife is coming" I ask.

"Sure she is"

"What's she like" I'm curious about Elizabeth, I have no idea what to expect.

"Older"

"Than us," I ask.

Tom shakes his head " she's at least fifteen years older than the boss"

"Really, I had him down as having a trophy wife with big boobs and no brain"

"No she has more money than him apparently. Ive heard some rumours"

"Tell me" I push.

Tom acts like there are people surrounding us listening to our conversation, he whispers "I hear the boss and his wife are swingers, I've seen his wife kissing other men at parties"

"Really" I act like this is all new info to me

"Don't tell anyone"

"My lips are sealed'

..........

I feel Darcys eyes on me the moment I enter the ball room It takes me a moment to locate him but when I do I smile brightly. He makes a beeline to us, he shakes Tom's hand before kissing my cheek.

"Your fucking killing me" he whispers in my ear.

"Nice to see you again Savannah" he says loudly as he moves back.

"You too sir" I reply, why do I suddenly feel nervous around him.

"Please call me Darcy, why dont I escort you to the bar for a drink" he links his arm with mine and starts to lead me away.

"Tom why dont you work the room while I take your friend for a drink" Darcy doesn't wait for a reply not that tom argues.

"So your talking to me now" I ask.

"I never stopped talking to you" he argues.

"You blew me off last week, I got the gallery job by the way. Thank you"

Darcy smiles at me "congratulations, I didn't doubt you would. When is your last day at the club"

"Tequila" Darcy orders as we stop at the bar.

"Tomorrow is my last night" I feel a little sad that my time dancing is over, I have enjoyed my time there.

"I'll have to stop by" he hands me a shot of tequila and gestures for the bartender to keep them coming.

"To the hottest new curator in town" he clinks his glass against mine.

We take our shots and move on to our second, I notice a few people watching us. It's clear their not use to seeing their boss letting loose. They are probably wondering why he is drinking with him employees date.

"Your taking shots" a tall red head glides across the floor and stands across from us. The woman is dressed impeccably in a gold gown and showstopping jewellery. The woman proceeds to kiss Darcy on the cheek.

"Yes I thought I would let my hair down" he laughs.

"Who are you and what have you done to my husband" I still at her words,this woman is his wife Elizabeth. I can't lie, she's not what I had been expecting.

"Who's your friend" she asks looking at me.

"I'm toms date"

"Your toms girlfriend, how lovely he is a nice young man"

"No we're just friends"

'darling this is savanna" Darcy says, it takes her a minute to place me. I can tell the exact moment she realises who I am.

"Savannah, your Savannah " she smiles brightly at me.

"Not yet" Darcy replies.

"What a small world, how do you know Tom"

"We were high school sweethearts" I tell her.

"She's beautiful, I can see why your so enamoured with her" she looks me up and down once more.

"You do have an impressive figure, my husband has great taste" she pauses and points at herself "obviously "

This is so awkward, I can barely even look at her. I guess he wasn't lying when he said they were in an open relationship.

"Me and Andre are going to head to the penthouse, are you staying at the hotel" Elizabeth asks Darcy but she does not take her eyes off me.

Darcy notices her watching me and takes her hand in his, he gently kisses it before replying "ofcourse darling, have a great night"

"I assumed you only liked older women" Elizabeth says as she leans in to kiss him.

"I have eclectic tastes" he laughs.

Elizabeth leans in and kisses the air by my cheek she proceeds to whisper in my ear "he's a good lay, when he gets it up at least"

Authors note

Spicy sceene coming up, please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote.