Epilogue

Darcys POV

Its as beautiful as i had expected it to be, delicate white flowers cover every surface. When Kathleen declared it was her place to arrange today i didnt argue she is Savannahs mother after all. The church pews are full with family and friends, i smile tightly as i pass Savannahs relatives. I dont know most of them things had happened so quickly that i hadn't been able to meet all the people savannah cared for. Ive heard so many stories about her over the past few days, some good, some bad but most funny. I had laughed until it hurt when her friend Chastity had told me about Savannahs first night at the strip club, apparently she had slapped a customer who had touched the band of her underwear. Savanah was spunky so it didnt surprise me, to this say shes the strongest woman i have ever met.  I quickly take my handkerchief from my pocket and wipe the tears from my eyes, i find myself crying a lot today. 

"you ok" Savannahs brother clasps my shoulder. "its ok to cry, no one will judge you for crying especially today" He adds, he looks a little teary himself.

"hows your mom holding up" i ask, Kathleen has been crying all day, when i saw her arrive at the church she was a blubbery mess. 

"Crying, she will be ok. Its starting soon then" he gestures to the  vicar who walks to the altar. I take a deep breath, i can do this.

Kathleen quickly walks in and takes her seat beside her family on the front pew, shes trying to suppress her tears but she takes one look at me ad starts again. Grace comforts her while she dabs her own tears. 

The music starts, its slow and soothing. I cant look, i stare at the floor. A petal lands on my foot , i look up and gasp. Patrick shakes my hand before kissing his daughters cheek. 

The scent of coconut fills the air, i breath it in and instantly feel comforted. I finally look to my left and my breath gets caught in my throat.

"hi" she whispers. 

Savanah looks amazing, im in awe of her. Ive never seen a woman look so beautiful, im the luckiest man in the world. 

"white really" i tease as i touch the white tulle of her gown.

"moms idea"

I take her hand in mine as we turn and face the vicar, i dont want to turn from her. I could look at her for the rest of my life. I cant wait for her to be my wife. 

.....................................................................

"did you ever think you would agree to have your wedding reception at the country club" i ask as we take our first dance.

Savannah crinkles her freckled nose and laughs "no and i still cant believe i let mom talk me into it"

"she will be planning a baby shower next" i tease.

"not for a few years" she says sternly. Only last month she told me about the pregnancy scare she had last year, ive been thinking about t ever since. I want to have a least 3 babies with her but they have to have her beautiful eyes and perfect smile.

We kiss as we glide slowly across the floor, i have to give it to her, Kathleen sure knows how to plan the perfect wedding. Its been beautiful from the start, everything has been planned so meticulously. The wedding ceremony was intimate with only close friends and family but the reception is a real affair full off champagne, mushroom free canapes and lots of dessert. When we declared we wanted to get married she had surprisingly been happy, she had cried happy tears, she had thanked me for loving her daughter, faults and all. Its me who should be grateful, savannah gave me a chance, she gave me the love i didnt know i needed.

"look at her, shes in her element" savannah gestures over to her mom who is gossiping with her guests.

"she sure knows how to spin a story" i laugh. We listen as she tells her friends how we met and fell in love, she exaggerates some parts and omits others completely but for  the most its true, It is our story.

"Darcy was married to a dreadful woman, she was an absolute nightmare so he asked for a divorce. Elizabeth dated every man who looked at her, so darcy asked for a divorce she went crazy and turned up at his office with a gun. " she pauses as her friends eyes grow wide.

"well she was pointing it at him like a mad woman when savannah arrived, she went mad with jealousy. The sight of a beautiful woman in her prime was too much for her to take when she was so haggard and old so she shot savannah. "

"oh my god, did darcy and savannah know each other prior" the blonde friend asks.

"Savannah is the curator for a big gallery in new york and Darcy had purchased a few pieces of art from her so they had met a few times and maybe spoke in passing." mom answers.

"what happened then" the brunette asks, Kathleen is loving the attention, i see my wife smirking as she listens in on their conversation.

"Elizabeth shot Savannah in the shoulder, luckily it went straight through and the scar is hardly visible. "

"what happened to Elizabeth, was she arrested"

Kathleen shakes her head " the shock and all the blood caused her to have a heart attack "

"did she die"

"yes which really was the best outcome really, darcy was named as sole beneficiary in the will. Darcy and Savannah bonded over their shared trauma, they quickly fell in love in the hospital while he visited her. It all dreadfully romantic"

"and tragic"

"tragic how" Kathleen asks.

"Elizabeth died" 

Kathleen nods "oh yes tragic" her voice is less than sincere. She quickly changes the subject "have you tried the crab cakes"

I move savannah and i away from her mom before she can call savannah over to show the the small scar that mars her perfect shoulder. I take two glasses of champagne from a passing waiter ad hand one to my wife.

"to us"

"to us"