six

• Jordan's POV •

Blue? Thanks, Crumpet, you really helped me out. I scanned the ties spread out in front of me.

Light blue? Dark blue? I texted back.

Dark. He replied simply. Okay, that narrowed it down. A woman walked over to me with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"What are you looking for?" She asked.

"A dark blue tie" I said, not looking up. "I've got it though, thanks"

"Let me know if you need anything!" She called as she walked away.

"I won't" I said under my breath. There were only a few ties that I'd actually wear. I picked one up and started to walk towards the checkout. But then I second guessed myself and grabbed a different one. I stood there staring at the ties for a few seconds, trying to decide. Why did I care? I'm just going with Will. It's not like I need to impress him or anything. I grabbed one of them and hurried to the checkout line before I changed my mind again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What about Victoria?" My mom asked. I rolled my eyes and walked passed her.

"I don't want to go with Victoria. I want to go with my friend Will" I said. Is he my friend?

"Jordan," my mom said.

"Bye," I replied simply, shutting my bedroom door behind me. Why is she so afraid that I'm going to prom with Will? I hope she doesn't think I'm into him or anything. I took my tie out of my bag and hung it with my suit. It looked nice together. I don't know why but this is the most excited I've ever been for a stupid dance like this. I walked over and slid a panel in my closet out of the way, revealing bottles of alcohol. I looked through them, determining if I'd have enough for the after party tomorrow night. I decided I did so I slid the panel back over my secret stash. Maybe Crumpet would loosen up once he had a little bit of vodka in him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey, honey?" My mom asked, stepping into my room.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I just wanted to let you know that your father and I are leaving now. We'll be back on Monday. Have fun at prom, make sure you send us pictures!" She said, walking over and sitting next to me on the bed.

"I will" I said.

"Oh! And no girls in your room, you know that" she said. I nodded. I've heard these rules before. "Alright, call me if you need anything" she leaned down and kissed the top of my head. I watched her as she left, closing the door behind her. I could hear the car outside pulling out of the driveway and I let out a breath of relief. It was always freeing to have the house to myself. I picked up my phone and typed out a message to Victoria.

Parents are gone. The usual? I typed. The usual referred to Victoria coming over, getting drunk, and making out on my bed. Sometimes it went a little further but I wasn't feeling it tonight.

Do you want to meet up for some dinner? I typed instead. Except I didn't send it to Victoria. I sent it to Will.