forty seven

• Will's POV •

I had gotten used to not sleeping with Jordan every night but that didn't mean that it hurt any less. I stared up at my ceiling while I laid in my old bed that I hadn't slept in since we moved. It didn't feel the same. It felt too big. I missed my old bed with Jordan lying right beside me, his ear pressed against my chest. I missed his face being nuzzled into my neck so that I could feel his warm breath as he slept. A few tears rolled down my cheeks and I let out a small laugh. I need to stop crying over Jordan. He's still mine, he's just a million miles away.

After a few hours, I decided to text Jordan because there was no way that I was going to be able to sleep.

I can't sleep, I wrote. He responded immediately.

I would ask you to FaceTime but you really need to sleep so that your sleeping schedule is on track

Fuck sleeping schedules, I sent. He read the message but didn't type anything. I waited on the screen for a few seconds and wondered when he would start typing. But then my screen was lit up by Jordan trying to FaceTime me and I smiled as I answered.

"Fuck sleeping schedules," Jordan said as soon as he answered and my grin grew wider.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was soothing to hear and see Jordan again even if it was only on a screen. I was starting to feel pretty tired as the sun was coming up and I yawned. Jordan gave me a smile and there was a sparkle in his eyes that I only saw when he looked at me. It made me feel like I was on fire and it always made my heart flutter.

"I feel like the luckiest boy in the world when you look at me like that," I said after my yawn. Jordan's cheeks turned a light pink as he smiled at me.

"I didn't even realize that I did that," he said, smiling. I could tell that he was a little embarrassed but it only made my heart grow for him even more.

"I love you," I told him. My heart ached from the lack of physical contact between us.

"I love you too," he responded.

"I'm going to try to get some sleep but will you stay on with me for a little while and we can just talk a little bit or listen to music or something?" I asked. I hoped that he would say yes but I knew that he probably had other things to do and I didn't want to bother-

"Of course," he said and I let out a relieved sigh. He set his phone up between a few pillows so that I could still see him and he grabbed his iPod from the side table and played some music, setting it close enough so that I could hear it too. I set my phone up so that he could see me too and he smiled. "Sweet dreams, Crumpet," he said softly. I drifted to sleep with those words in my mind.