forty two

• Jordan's POV •

I walked next to Will, hand in hand, as I helped him carry his bags through the airport. Will had said his goodbyes to his mom before we left and had agreed that it would be nice for the two of us to have this moment to ourselves. We checked Will's bags before heading over to security. I couldn't say much as we walked. I just wanted to remember the way his hand fit into mine, almost perfectly, like they were made for one another.

"You don't have to come through security with me if you don't want to. We can just say our goodbyes here," Will said. My heart felt like it was shattering as everything started to become real.

"I already got my gate pass to accompany you all the way to the final gate," I answered, holding it up.

"Good, I didn't want to say goodbye yet," he said with a sad smile. We got in line for security and I went through first, explaining my situation to the woman sitting there. She nodded and let me through and I watched as Will stood in the checkpoint with his arms above his head to get scanned. I couldn't help but smile when I looked at him. He walked out and put his shoes back on and grabbed his carry on bag. I grabbed his bag from his shoulder and threw it over my own. He gave me a look and tried to take it back but I shook my head.

"I've got it," I said softly, lacing my fingers back into his and walking to Will's gate. I was walking exceptionally slow to try and delay the process. In less than 30 minutes, Will will be boarding his plane and on his way to England. My heart sunk into my stomach as we sat down at his gate. I felt like I had so much to say to him before he left but I didn't know how to say any of it. I pulled Will close to me and his head fell onto my shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my torso. I turned my head and placed a small kiss on the top of his. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"When I found out that I was finishing high school here, I wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible so I could go back to England. Once I got here, I realized that I never wanted that time to end. But now it has," he said.

"Will," I began.

"I love you, Jordan. You are the best and worst thing to ever happen to me," he said with a laugh and I smiled as a tear dripped down my cheek. "I would say that this pain isn't worth it but it is, it one hundred percent is. Just being able to hold you in my arms is enough to endure this over and over again. I am so in love with you, Jordan," he added. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as he spoke.

"I love you too," I said softly, placing a kiss on his lips. "Crumpet," I added with a laugh. Will smiled at me through his tears.

"Whatever you say, Prom King,"  he said, hitting me playfully in the arm.

"Now boarding for flight 783 to the United Kingdom," a woman said over the speakers. No. No no no no no. I started to feel panicked. I wasn't ready to give him up just yet. "Groups 1 and 2 can now begin boarding," the woman said. Will was group 3 and my heart was racing as he sat up to grab his bag. He put it on the bench beside him and stood up. I followed and looked him in his beautiful brown eyes.

"I love you," I repeated. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my neck. I could feel his body as the sobs shook through him. My eyes slid closed as I held him one last time. He pulled away and grabbed my face, pulling it to his. His kisses still gave me butterflies. It was the most passionate kiss I've ever had in my life. I thought about all of the girls that I was constantly hooking up with before Will came into my life. None of their kisses ever made me feel the way that Will's do. I could taste the salt as our tears mixed with our lips.

"Group 3 can now start boarding," the woman announced. Sobs shook through me harder than before and Will kissed my forehead and picked up his bag.

"I'll call you the second I land," he said, tears dripping down his cheeks. I held onto his hand for as long as I possibly could, extending my arm until our fingers drifted from one another. I watched him with tear stained cheeks as he gave the woman his ticket and walked through the opening. He turned around and smiled at me, giving me a small wave and blowing me one final kiss.