fifty six

• Jordan's POV •

I stared into the darkness as I held onto Will. His breathing was soft under my arms. It was soothing. I couldn't really sleep even though I was tired. It seemed like it would be cheating if I went to sleep when I had hours upon hours before me to feel him. He was pressed against me and it felt great. I loved being able to hold onto him while he slept, it made me feel so peaceful. I felt Will's head move on my chest, turning up towards me.

"You can't sleep either?" He asked, his breath tickling my neck. I shook my head in the dark.

"Did you have a good birthday?" I asked.

"The best," he said, squeezing my torso. "Do you want some tea?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"Sure," I answered simply and Will leaned over and clicked on the lamp and light flooded into the room. I squinted my eyes at first but they soon adjusted and I saw Will's messy hair and tired eyes. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"I'll go make some tea," he said. I wanted to go with him but the bed was too comfortable so I just remained where I was, smiling like an idiot as I stared at the ceiling. After a few minutes, I could hear Will's light footsteps on the stairs and he walked through the door, carrying two mugs. He handed me one before settling back into bed. I took a sip and watched Will's every move. I didn't want to miss a second of his beauty. I had taken it for granted before. This time, I didn't want to miss a thing.

"I am completely in love with you," I said. Will smiled as he looked over at me.

"And I am completely in love with you," he responded, taking another sip of tea. It was almost one am and here we were, two teenaged boys professing their love for one another over tea.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I woke up, Will's lamp was still on but the sun was up and lighting the entire room. Will's legs were tangled with mine under the covers and his face was pressed to my chest. I gently ran my fingers through his hair as memories from last night came flooding back into my mind. I smiled as I saw the almost empty tea cups sitting on the bedside table. Will and I had stayed up for a few hours talking about everything and anything. We laughed a lot and it was one of the greatest nights of my life. Will's eyes must have opened when I wasn't paying attention because he lifted his face and placed a slow kiss onto my mouth before I even realized he was awake. Sleepy morning kisses with Will are always my favorite.