thirty two

• Jordan's POV •

Will's smile lit up the entire room. I've been in this restaurant a million times but I've never seen it the way that I'm seeing it now. Everything seemed brighter, sharper. Everything was amazing when I was with Will.

"This place means a lot to me," I said, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Jordan!" The waitress exclaimed as soon as she saw me.

"Hi, Julie," I said with a smile. She looked down at Will and I's hands sitting on top of the table and my heart began to race. What if she told my parents that I skipped school today to be with Will?

"Is this your boyfriend?" She asked excitedly. I began to relax a little bit. Julie has always been supportive. I looked at Will who was smiling at me more than ever.

"Yep," I said with a nod. "It's really good to say that," I added. I could feel Will's eyes on me the entire time, a smile on both of our faces.

"I bet it does," she said. "You two are very cute together,"

"Thank you," Will answered. Julie looked at me in disbelief.

"A British boy?" She exclaimed. All three of us started to laugh.

"I know, he's quite the catch," I said, making eye contact with him. The look in his eyes gave me goosebumps. No one had ever looked at me the way that he does.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After we left, I started driving back to my house. I knew it was a bit of a risk but I was willing to take it.

"My parents won't be home for another few hours. We can go there," I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded, turning onto my street.

"You've let me stay at your house for a few days now, let me return the favor," I insisted.

We sat down in the living room, turning on the tv as background noise. I just wanted to talk to him. I wanted to know his opinions on everything. Does he believe in a god? What are his biggest fears? What age was his favorite birthday? I wanted to know every little detail about him. And I found out some. We talked for what felt like hours but I never got tired of hearing his voice. He stretched his legs out on the couch beside us and set his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair and I knew immediately why he always did it to me. It was relaxing. I leaned down and kissed Will. He looked too perfect not to.

"I love you," I told him. I felt like I told him that a million times a day but I didn't care. It was true. I love him. He sat up, trying to deepen our kiss. It took me by surprise a little bit but he knew that I loved surprises. He moved one of his legs over so that he was straddling my torso. I still felt a little caught off guard but I pulled his shirt over his head and then left a trail of small kisses down his chest. The material of our jeans rubbed together almost mockingly before I tugged at his belt loops. He stood up and started taking them off but we heard a car door and immediately froze. Will pulled his jeans back up onto his hips and I slid my shirt over my head, grabbing his hand and pulling him upstairs behind me. I glanced out my window and saw my dad walking up the driveway. Shit.

"You have to go," I whispered to Will.

"What about you? He saw your car, he knows you're home. Won't you get in trouble?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'll get in even more trouble if I'm seen with you though. Just go outside and wait near the end of the street. I'll be out soon and I can take you home, okay?" I explained. Will nodded and then grabbed my face, pulling me in for a passionate kiss. I almost forgot all about my dad.

"Jordan?" He called from downstairs. That reminded me.

"There's a way to get down right over there," I whispered, pointing. I opened my window and Will stepped out onto the roof. I closed my curtains and by that time, my dad was already at my door.

"What are you doing home?" He asked. He was clearly angry. "You can't come home when you're supposed to be here but as soon as it's time for school, you decide it's the right time to come here?"

"I was just feeling a little sick. I came home to pick up some money so I could go to the store and pick up some medicine and tissues and stuff," I said.

"What is this?" My dad asked, walking over to Will's bag sitting on the floor. Shit.