forty four

• Jordan's POV •

I sat in my driveway and tapped my steering wheel nervously. My cheeks were tear stained and my heart was beating out of my chest. I got out of my car and walked straight in, feigning confidence.

"Where the hell have you been?" My dad asked me as soon as I walked in. I saw a few of the remaining boxes of my stuff sitting at the bottom the stairs.

"I was... taking more boxes to the apartment," I lied. I prayed that he believed me.

"This early?" He asked, skeptical. I nodded and walked over, grabbing another box.

"I want to be all moved in by tonight," I responded.

"I still don't think it's such a good idea to be moving out right now. You just started that new job and I don't think you're ready for it," my dad explained. I walked passed him and out to my car, loading the final boxes.

"I think I am," I answered. And that was that. I had the rest of the boxes packed up and I drove over to my new apartment. I made a few trips down to my car in order to transfer everything in. Once I had all of the boxes inside, I took a deep breath and looked around. My apartment wasn't the nicest place but it was cozy and affordable. I look forward to many memories here. I looked over at the bed and imagined Will's bare body tangled in sheets while I made breakfast only a few a feet away. My heart ached for Will already. I wanted to show him everything. I had started a job to fill the time without him. It gave me something productive to do and it took my mind off of him. It's only been a week but I don't mind it. I laid down in my bed, the only furniture that was actually assembled so far. I tried not to think about Will buy I inevitably thought about Will. I knew that he had a long flight ahead of him but all I wanted was to hear his voice again. I wanted to touch him again; to smell him again. I smiled as I stared up at my ceiling though. For the first time, I am in my own safe haven. I can love Will, fully and without bounds. I don't have to hide it from anyone. I don't have to be afraid of leaving hints of him behind. I can do whatever I want, love whatever I want, and be whatever I want. And that is a truly satisfying feeling.