twenty six

• Jordan's POV •

I wiped the tears from my eyes as Will looked at me in shock. His lip was between his teeth and he didn't say anything. I reached out and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Please say something," I said, my heart breaking a little more. Will wasn't even looking at me anymore. It's not like I just confessed my love to you or anything. "Will?" I tried again. He finally looked back up to meet my gaze.

"I think it's for the best if we end this now," he said, quietly. His tears were pooling around his eyes and I could tell that this was hurting him just as much as it was hurting me.

"It's not for the best, Will. You've made me so happy these past few days. You have to give me a chance. We can work something out once you move," I said. He remained quiet again. I was hoping with my entire being that he was thinking about it.

"It's only going to hurt worse," he said.

"It hurts now," I responded quickly. "What is the point of being miserable until you leave? Let's spend these last few weeks together and we can talk about England when it gets here, okay?" I asked. Will closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's going to be worse," he said but he didn't sound too sure of himself anymore.

"Please?" I asked, quietly. Will's eyes opened and he looked at me for a few seconds. They felt like years.

"Okay," he said, a small smile already starting to form on his face. He pulled me closer to him with one arm and we both fell back onto the pillows together, my head back on his chest where it belonged. It was a comfortable silence between us, just sitting in each other's arms.

"I like listening to your heartbeat," I said softly. He hummed a response and tightened his grip on me a bit. His chin was sitting on the top of my head as I listened. I never knew I needed this until now. But now that I've had a taste of what it's like to be with Will, I don't know how I've survived this long without it. "I should probably actually go home for once. I need to wear some of my own clothes and I need to talk to my parents," I said. "But I really don't want to move," I added. Will let out a small laugh and then sat up, forcing me to sit up too. He wiped the remainder of tears from my cheeks with his thumbs.

"If your parents say anything harsh to you, remember that you can call me, okay?" He said. I nodded and stood up. Will got up behind me and followed me downstairs to the front door. Before I walked out, he grabbed a few of my fingers between his and pulled me closer to him. He leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Bye," I said, smiling.

"I love you," Will said as I turned. I stopped. I had to make sure that I heard him correctly. I turned back around and saw him smiling. "I almost forgot to tell you," he added. I wrapped my arms around his waist and gave him a final squeeze before pulling away and actually stepping outside.

"I told you it would be better if we stayed together," I called to him as I got in my car. He stood in the doorway and watched me as I drove out of the driveway. I couldn't help but smile the entire way home.