thirty nine

• Will's POV •

I made eye contact with Jordan across the auditorium. He still made butterflies flutter around my stomach. I felt a strange sense of pride as I saw him in his cap and gown, ready to get his diploma. I was wearing the same thing but he made it better somehow. These past few weeks here have been some of the greatest and worst of my life. I have went through a lot of pain dealing with Jordan's parents and I continue to do so. But I would do it all again for just one of our moments. Coming to America, I never expected to find a boy so beautiful, inside and out. It's been a tough week only seeing Jordan at school. His parents were still very adamant about him not seeing me. We found time to make out in the bathroom sometimes though. It wasn't enough and now I'm leaving. I got to experience the best feeling in the world and now it is being ripped from me, slowly and meticulously. Why is the world so cruel? My heart ached at the fact that I was leaving tomorrow and whatever goodbye that Jordan and I had, it would be a hasty one. Jordan was going to college in New York or something and I was going all the way back to England. I hated it. I hated everything that was trying to keep us apart.

Jordan stood up. His row got in line to accept their diplomas. I felt so proud. The smile never left my face as I watched him walk across the stage as they called his name. He shook our principal's hand and smiled for a picture before walking down off the stage. We made eye contact and my smile grew even larger, if that was possible. Jordan kissed his hand and blew it to me, causing an eruption of feelings in my stomach. The girl sitting next to me smiled.

"You guys are really cute," she said. I recognized her from one of my classes but I didn't know her name. I smiled at her anyways.

"Thank you, I love him a lot," I answered. She gave me a smile back and I watched Jordan as he finally sat back down in his seat. My phone buzzed slightly in my pocket and I took it out secretively so I didn't disrupt the ceremony.

Leave your window unlocked tonight, Jordan texted me. I looked over at him but he was staring straight ahead, a smile on his lips. My heart was racing.

Please don't get yourself in trouble, I texted back but I didn't really mean it. Even hinting at the fact that we could be spending this night together made my heart pound out of my chest.

I'm not going to miss saying goodbye, he said. My heart shattered as I read that again and again. Goodbye. I don't want this to be goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye to the love of my life.