twenty one

• Will's POV •

I poured myself a glass of milk and then walked up to my room, opening my laptop screen. Before I could type in my password, Jordan texted me.

Can I come over?

Now? I texted back.

Yes, he answered. I'll explain when I get there

Okay, I sent.

I'm kinda already here, he said. I closed my laptop and walked downstairs. I wonder what's wrong. I just saw him a few hours ago. A shiver ran down my spine as I thought about it. I could still feel his hands on my skin.

I opened the door and it was already starting to get dark. Jordan was standing on my porch. He looked tired.

"What's-" I began but he wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"Are we doing this?" He said softly. The vibrations from his voice tickled my neck.

"Doing what?" I asked. He looked up at me, his green eyes were pleading.

"This," he answered, motioning between us. "Is it real?" He asked. I didn't know how to answer him. I didn't know what to say.

"Of course," I said. "Here, let's go sit down and you can explain to me what's going on," I added, taking him by the hand and leading him upstairs to my room. Jordan kept a firm grip on my hand as he followed. We both sat down on my bed and I waited patiently for him to speak.

"I told my parents that I like you," he said.

"And?" I asked.

"And they said that they don't want you at our house ever again," he said. He had a sad smile on his face and I could see the tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes.

"Jordan,"

"I had a cousin who came out. We were great friends and he was over all the time. Well, that's until he actually told my parents that he was gay. And then I only ever saw him at family events. When I asked my parents why he was never over, they told me he was a bad influence," he explained. A tear fell down his cheek but he wiped it away quickly. My heart ached for him. "I need to know that what we're doing here is real. Because this isn't going to be easy. My parents are going to fight me on it every step of the way. I'm willing to do that for you. I like you a lot. But like I said, I have to know that this is real,"

"It's real," I said simply. More tears fell from Jordan's eyes and I pulled him into me, wrapping my arms around him. I felt as his body shook under me with his sobs. I ran my fingers through his hair, slowly and softly. "This is the realest thing I've ever felt,"