twenty eight

• Jordan's POV •

I felt the letters of Will's name like they burnt holes in my back. I'm so dumb. Why did I wear this home? My mom banged on my door, demanding to be let in. I set my phone down, I guess I had to continue talking to Will later.

"What?" I asked, sitting on my bed. I wiped the wetness from my eyes.

"Jordan, let me in right now. We're talking about this!" She screamed. I got up and simply unlocked the door. She came charging in as I sat back down on my bed.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked.

"What is there to talk about?" She screamed.  "You can't be fucking up your life like this Jordan. You need to stay focused on school and with a girl," she said.

"Who says that dating Will is fucking up my life? Why is it okay for me to date a girl but not him?" I asked calmly. My mother let out an annoyed laugh before continuing.

"You're not gay, Jordan," she said.

"I don't even know what I am so how could you possibly know?" I asked. I was starting to get a bit upset, my voice raising slightly.

"I've raised you your entire life," she said.

"And I've been me, Mom. You have no idea who I am, especially if you think I don't like Will," I yelled. I stood up and walked past her, grabbing some clothes from on top of my dresser.

"Where are you going?" She screamed.

"Relax, I'm just getting changed," I said, walking into my bathroom. I moved my hamper to the spot under my window as quietly as possible. I moved slowly so that my mom wouldn't hear me as I slipped through the window that was just big enough for me to fit through. I closed my window from the outside and then got in my car. By the time my mom realizes I'm gone, I'll be too far away for her to stop me. I started driving towards Will's but then I realized that I might have over stayed my welcome. I pulled into a parking lot and texted Ethan asking him if I could come over. While I waited for a response, I texted Will.

My mom blew up and I couldn't take it so I left, not really sure where I'm going yet, I texted him.

Come over, he responded immediately. 

I don't want to overstay my welcome, I texted.

You're not, I love you. My bed is a little lonely without you, he wrote. It sent a shiver down my spine. I smiled at my phone like an idiot. Will really knows how to make me smile.

Sorry, man. Grandparents are visiting, Ethan texted back. I sent him a quick text letting him know that it was okay before heading over to Will's... again.