seven

• Will's POV •

Do you want to meet up for some dinner? Jordan's text lit up my screen. It was almost seven o clock and I was confused. How can Jordan go from being a total asshole to wanting to go to dinner and prom together?

Um, sure, where? I texted back. I was a little hesitant. What if it's just some set up to embarrass me or something.

Can I pick you up? He asked. Because you don't know the area? He sent immediately after. I took a deep breath. Sure, what the hell?

Yeah I texted back, attaching my address.

Be there in 10 he said. Ten? I have ten minutes to get ready? I threw my phone on my bed and ran to my mirror, fixing my hair. I looked at my outfit and decided to change. I slipped on a pair of black jeans but I left my tshirt. Why am I getting so worried? I'm fine. I went downstairs to see my mum cooking dinner.

"It will be ready in about 30 minutes" she said, stirring something on the stove. It smelled great.

"I'm actually going out to eat with Jordan, that's why I came down here" I said. She turned and raised her eyebrows at me. I rolled me eyes and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Is this a date?" She asked.

"I told you I'm not gay" I said. "Please stop asking me stuff like that. Jordan is just a friend" I added. She shrugged as she dumped some sauce into the lasagna pan, finishing the last layer. I watched her as she put it in the oven.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, he's coming to pick me up. We'll probably just go to some fast food place" I said.

"He's picking you up?" She asked, her eyebrows raising again. "What a gentlemen"

"Mum," I said.

"Sorry, sorry" she said, laughing. "Why don't you have Jordan stay here for dinner? Have a home cooked meal? You know my lasagna is better than anything else you could eat for dinner here"

"I don't know-" I said but I was interrupted by the doorbell. My mum rushed to the door before I got there and opened it.

"Hi, you must be Jordan!" She said. I braced myself for Jordan's reaction. But he just smiled and extended his hand.

"It's nice to meet you" he said.

"I just love these American accents" she said. "Don't you, Will?" Jordan looked over at me and smiled. This was a change.

"Yeah, I guess I do" I said with a small laugh.

"Jordan, I was just going to ask you if you wanted to have dinner here instead. I'm making my famous lasagna and I want to get to know you anyways" she said. Jordan looked over at me and I shook my head.

You don't have to say yes I mouthed. He looked back at my mum, his smile wider than ever.

"I'd love to"