forty six

• Jordan's POV •

"Are you sure you don't want to go to sleep?" I asked Will. He smiled at me on the screen.

"I slept on the plane. I want to talk to you. I want to see you," he said. It was approaching one am for him. This whole 8 hour time difference thing is going to be pretty irritating. I guess it would be alright since it's summer. We can afford to stay up later. Although even if I was still in school, I would stay up to see Will. I would do anything to see his smile, even if it's only on my cell phone screen.

"I wish I could kiss you right now," I said, my eyes sliding closed so no tears would escape.

"Maybe you could come and visit me in England," he answered. I smiled a little bit.

"I wish I could," I said sadly. There was a brief pause but I didn't let the grief sink in for too long. "I finally got all moved in to my apartment," I said. Will's smile grew wider.

"Show me," he simply said. I stood up and flipped the camera so that I could show him everything. I walked around and explained each thing, watching as Will smiled on my screen. I could tell that he was getting excited by my excitement.

"And this is where you would sleep in while I made you breakfast," I said, showing him the bed. His smile made me smile. I turned the camera back to me and sat down on the bed.

"I am so proud of you," he said, a sparkle in his eye. My heart fluttered with delight. Everything was worth it. Every struggle it took to get to this point of my life was worth it just to see that sparkle in his eyes. It gave me hope and I felt like I had accomplished something huge. I felt so important.

"I love you. I miss you so much already," I said.

"I love you so much, Jordan," he said. I got goosebumps. I still get goosebumps when I hear him say that. I've heard it a million times yet it still gets me.

"Your birthday is in a few weeks," I said. Will confirmed with a nod. "I wish we could be together,"

"We'll make the most of what we have," he said with a sad smile. "At least we can actually talk now. We don't have to worry about your parents," he added.

"You're always so optimistic. I look up to you so much," I explained.

"Will?" A man asked. Will smiled at me and then turned his head. "Get some sleep, okay?" He added.

"I'm talking to Jordan, Dad," he answered. A shiver ran down my spine when he said my name. I could never hear it in his accent enough. He made my name sound like music.

"You can talk to him tomorrow, alright? Just get some sleep for tonight," he said. Will's eyebrows were knit into a frown but he nodded. I heard the door close and Will looked at me helplessly.

"It's okay," I said softly. "What time are you getting up? I'll set an alarm," I asked. Will shook his head.

"You get some sleep too," he said.

"It's only 5 pm," I answered with a laugh.

"Right," Will said with a frown. "8 hour difference"

"I'll be here tomorrow," I said. "And every day after that,"