sixteen

• Jordan's POV •

I had a fun time at prom, thank you Will texted me. Butterflies flew around rapidly in my stomach. Just from a text?

You're welcome, I had a great time too :) I sent back. Yeah, a great time kissing him. I sighed and set my phone on my bed. I yearned to be able to kiss him again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I went the whole weekend without another text from Will. I wanted to text him but I didn't want to seem too forward. As I walked into school on Monday, I wondered if it would be awkward when I saw Will. There wasn't much time to think about it before I was already in the classroom. Will was sitting at his seat but he didn't look up when I entered. I wasn't sure if I should talk to him so I just walked to the back of the room and had a seat. Victoria approached me immediately but I didn't listen to anything she was saying. I was too busy staring at Will, wondering if he remembered our kiss as well as I did.

"Alright, class, let's get started," the teacher said. Victoria groaned and walked back to her seat as he started the lesson. Will looked up at him and I studied the way he looked when he learned. I watched as his body shifted in his seat and I watched the muscles in his face contort as he smiled. He was a beautiful human being and I can't believe I just realized that. Will glanced over at me and I looked away quickly. After a few seconds I looked back at him but he was still staring at me. I gave him a small smile and he turned back towards the front, biting his lip and trying to hide his smile. Something inside me ignited when I saw his smile.

Want to get lunch together today? I texted him. I didn't know if it was too forward but I had to spend more time with him, it was killing me. The teacher was writing on the board and I watched as Will took out his phone and read my message. He looked back at me and nodded with a smile. I felt relieved and happy and excited. I'm going to kiss him again at lunch, while we're both sober. He'll remember it this time.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I floated through the rest of my classes. They seemed to last longer than usual while I waited for lunch. My lips tingled in anticipation. I was nervous but excited. Maybe I can finally sort out my feelings. I can finally figure out whether or not Will feels the same. He isn't gay though. I'm not gay. It makes you gay if you like boys, Jordan. I let out a small sigh. I don't like boys. I like Will.