twenty seven

• Will's POV •

Jordan left and I still felt butterflies in my stomach. I did love him. My room felt a little bit empty without him. I pulled out my math book and started doing my homework. I was worried about Jordan and what his parents would say to him when he got home. They definitely wouldn't be happy that he was staying with me, his boyfriend. I made myself smile when thinking about being Jordan's boyfriend. The right thing might have been breaking up with Jordan but god, I don't want to. I'm glad that he talked me into staying.

"Will?" My mum asked from the doorway. I looked up from my book.

"Yeah?" I responded. She walked in and sat at the end of the bed.

"You know, with Jordan staying here, I don't want you to get the wrong idea," she trailed off.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"I just want you to be safe," she said. I could feel my cheeks burning.

"Oh god, Mum," I said, pulling my pillow over my face to hide my blush.

"If you need anything-"

"Stop! Please!" I begged from under the pillow. I felt her hand on my arm as she gave it a squeeze.

"I just-"

"We're safe, I promise," I said, trying to get this conversation to end. There was silence for a few seconds and I thought that maybe she left. I pulled the pillow off of my face but she was still there, smiling.

"So you've already... uh... you-"

"Mum, please," I said.

"Just be safe, okay?" She asked, standing up from my bed. I nodded and grabbed my book, shielding my face from her. I waited until she was out of the room and downstairs to get up and close my door. I grabbed my phone to text Jordan about what just happened but I already had a text from him.

It probably wasn't the best decision to go home in your shirt, the message said. Yikes.

What happened? What did they say? Do you want to call me? I texted back.

No, I'm okay. We can talk about it tomorrow. I've locked myself in my room for the night, he sent.

I'm sorry, I replied. I felt awful about this. How can my mum be so accepting and his parents be the exact opposite? Why is it even a big deal?

I love you. This is going to be worth it, I can tell, he sent after a few minutes. I thought about my move back to England. Was it really worth it? But then I looked back at the words he had just sent me. I love you. And then the answer was clear, it was worth every ounce of pain we had to endure just to be able to see him.