thirty six

• Jordan's POV •

Will's wet hair stuck to his forehead as his chest rose and fell softy. I guess he was tired after that shower. I pulled the blanket up and covered him with it, placing a kiss on his temple. My stomach was growling so I walked downstairs to grab something to eat. I saw a bag of chips sitting on the counter and I grabbed it, turning to head back up to Will's room.

"Jordan?" Will's mom called out. I turned back and saw her walking into the kitchen.

"Hi," I said simply. "I was just getting a snack while Will is asleep if you don't mind," I said. She shook her head.

"Of course not," she said. We stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds. "Did your father hit you?" She blurted. My eyes slid closed and I took a deep breath. I knew that this conversation was coming.

"Yes," I said simply.

"Jordan, we-" she began but there was a knock at the door. Will's mom sighed. "Stay here, okay? We can talk about this," she said before walking to the front door. I did as I was told and had a seat at the table. Maybe telling Will's mom would actually help me. Maybe she could do something about it.

"Is there a boy named Jordan here?" A man asked from the other room. I stood up and walked to the front door. There were two police officers in the doorway. They looked at me as soon as I entered. "Jordan?" They asked. Will's mom stood helplessly between us. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm Jordan," I answered. They stepped past Will's mom and grabbed my arm.

"Your father asked us to bring you home, he said you've been skipping school," the officer said. I felt so much anger bubble up inside of me.

"He just doesn't want me to be gay," I replied as they took me out to the car. The officer didn't say anything as he opened the door to the backseat. I got in and waited for him to get into the front. "Are you allowed to do this?" I asked.

"Your father requested it and you're still a minor," he explained. I stared up at Will's window. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. He's probably still asleep. He probably has no idea that I am being ripped from him while he dreams. The officer started up the car and I kept my eyes on Will's window. The love of my life and I can't even say goodbye. We started moving just as Will's curtains moved apart, revealing Will. He looked panicked as his eyes searched the street until they landed on me. Neither of us could move as the car started pulling forward. My heart broke a little bit once he was out of sight.