eight

• Jordan's POV •

I sat down at Will's table. There were two plates already set out but Will's mom set another one in front of me, smiling.

"It's so nice to have you here, Jordan!" She said.

"Thanks for having me," I replied, returning the smile.

"Dinner should be ready in about 10 minutes" she said. "I'll be out in the living room until then" I watched her as she walked out and then turned my attention back to Will.

"So how are you, Crumpet?" I asked. I watched as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, seriously. If you're going to call me that, you can leave. I thought that maybe you stopped being an asshole but I guess not" he said. I held up my hands as a few laughs escaped my mouth.

"Why does that make you so mad?" I asked, still laughing. Will's serious face started to crack as one side of his mouth curled up into a smirk.

"It's not funny! It's offensive, seriously" he said but he couldn't hold back his smile. Soon we were both just laughing, enjoying the mix of the different accents and the different tones. "I am perplexed by you, Jordan" he said. I liked the way he said my name.

"How so?" I asked.

"You are a complete asshole," he said, causing us both to laugh. "Yet here you are. In my house. Eating dinner with me and my mum"

"Mum," I repeated, mocking his accent with a smile.

"Shut up!" He said. There were giggles bubbling out of his mouth.

"Shut up!" I mocked again. We were both laughing so uncontrollably that I didn't even notice Will's mom coming back into the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready" she said, causing me to jump. She set the lasagna pan on the table and then squeezed my shoulders.

"Sorry, love, didn't mean to scare you" she said.

"It's alright, thanks for the lovely dinner" I said. She smiled as she scooped a piece onto my plate.

"You're very welcome" she said. Once she gave each of us a piece, she sat down in a seat between Will and I. "I'm really glad Will is going with a gentleman to prom" she said. I smiled at her.

"This is amazing," I told her after taking my first bite.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed. We all ate and talked about prom for most of the meal. "So, Jordan, any other interesting boys you have your eye on?" She asked.

"Mum!" Will said. She smiled and I laughed.

"No, just your son" I answered. "Oh, but I'm not gay"

"Oh, you guys are friends then?" She asked. I nodded. Will's cheeks were a bright pink which made me laugh a little. I wish I could have taken a picture of how great he looked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I got home pretty late but I decided to give my mom a call before I went to bed.

"What did you do today?" She asked.

"I had dinner at a friend's house" I said.

"You need to get some sleep for prom tomorrow. Victoria will be over a little early" she said.

"What? Why is Victoria coming over?" I asked.

"I managed to convince her to go with you even though you didn't ask her" she said. I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Tell her not to come" I said.

"Why?"

"I told you. I'm going with my friend. And you're not here to stop me"