forty eight

• Jordan's POV •

I was looking at Will on my screen when he woke up. It made me smile to watch him wake up again after all this time. It wasn't the same as when he was in my arms but it was still great.

"Morning," he purred, sending a chill down my spine as he stretched. His voice was deep and raspy. I hadn't heard that in awhile. It made me miss him a million times more. All I wanted was to be able to pull him close to me and kiss him and feel him. Will let out a little giggle and then looked back at me, his hair sticking up in the back. "It's only 3 am and I feel fully rested," he said.

"7 pm for me," I said softly.

"I miss you," he said suddenly, with a frown. I closed my eyes so that I could just listen to his voice. I can pretend that he's actually here.

"I miss you too," I said. Neither of us talked for a few seconds but I could hear the faint sound of his breathing and it made me feel at home again. When my eyes opened, they were blinking away tears.

"Don't cry," he said softly, with a small smile.

"I just really miss you," I said, the corners of my mouth turning into a frown. I tried not to let the tears spill over but I couldn't help it.

"I wish I could give you a hug," he said, his eyebrows knit into a frown. I let out a little laugh as I wiped my tears.

"Me too,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As much as neither of us wanted to, we hung up. My talk with Will had given me a really dumb idea that just might work. It was approaching 8 o clock but I got up and threw on some clothes before grabbing my keys and heading out to the car. I could only picture Will's beautiful smiling face the entire drive. It was a nice night so I rolled down the windows of my car and turned up the music. I was listening to one of the songs that had played at homecoming. I couldn't help but smile when I thought about that night. It was the night that I first started falling in love with Will. It made my heart flutter to think about the way he danced once I finally broke him out of his shell and how he smiled once I was crowned prom king. Prom King. I had the biggest smile across my face when I pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door, giving it a few light taps.

"Jordan!" Will's mom exclaimed as she opened the door. I leaned in and gave her a hug. If I couldn't hug Will, I could at least hug his mother.

"Okay, I know this is a little crazy and I know it's late but I have an idea,"