Wrecked

Summary: Major Character Death. Angst. Run the fuck away. Dan feels shitty, Phils being sweet and considerate as per usual. Dan dies.

TW: Major Character Death. Suicide. Mention of drugs. Name calling. Self hate. Angst. Sadness. Hoplessness. Drowning. Car Wreck.

Word Count: idek like 800?

Dan looked out the car window. Staring intently at the rain drops running down the sheet of glass that protected him from the outside world. He remembers when he was a child, thinking that the rain drops were racing each other, and the first drop to reach the bottom won. Now he just uses the rain to mask his own tears. He no longer thinks like a child, but he wished he did, oh did he wish.

He was still cursing himself for being stupid, for being slow, for being an incompetent bastard. No matter what he did, he would be a screw up. He would never be good enough to make it in the real world.

He was never gonna make it. The people out there were gonna chew him up and spit him out. He'd always been told to grow a thicker skin, that "words will never hurt you." What bullshit. Bruises heal, scars fade, but words echo endlessly in your mind. The sear into your brain, burning relentlessly.

He'd had another bad day at work, go figure. What else was new? However this time, he was done. He told his manager that he couldnt take it anymore. He wasnt cut out for this job. He handed in his uniform and called it quits.

Dan was done before the day had started. He had tears in his eyes from the moment he walked in, and the asshole customers just put the icing on the cake. He drove home in tears.

The rude customers words echoing in his head.

Slow

Retarded

Mother Fucker

Stupid

Faggot

Cunt

Another tear slid down his face. Dan was so sick of everything. He was so tired of feeling sad. He was sick of living. He hated the oxygen flowing into his lungs. He willed it all to stop.

~~~

Phil was cleaning the flat, making everything look nice and neat. He knew dan was having a ruff morning when he left earlier. He decided to make Dans favorite food, stir fry. Dan drooled over Phils stir fry, but Phil loved it. He knew Dan had been stressing out majorly lately. He just wished Dan would calm down and see the bright side of everything once and awhile.

Phil had actually scheduled a doctors appointment for Dan the following day. He had been getting worried lately about Dans lack of motivation. His motivation to move, to smile, to live. It seemed like Dan was just done with everything before the day had even begun.

Phil started cutting ingredients into the pan, glancing at the clock. 5:53. He had around fifteen minutes until Dan would arrive and he hoped dinner would be done by then.

Phil decorated the dining table with a blue table cloth that complimented the curtains. He lit a candle and stuck it in the middle of the table trying to make things more romatic. He turned his laptops Spotify on and played some soft music. He only had a few minutes until Dan was supposed to be home.

~~~

Dan was still crying. He could barely see the road through his tears. All he could think was how done he was right now. The only thought clouding his mind was;

I want it to end.

I want it to end.

I'm so tired.

I need it to end.

Just let it end.

It seemed like whatever higher power that existed was listening. Because coming up was a bride. A bridge over a river. An escape.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Dans thoughs whirled in his head.

Do it. His mind whispered.

Do it. The words rang through his head.

No one will miss you. Dan gulped, he was actually considering it.

Phil would be better off without you. You're only holding him back. Do it you worthless piece of shit.

Do it.

Dan clenched his teeth, his knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel. His foot pressed down harder kn the accelerator. The car lurched foreword at a higher velocity. Dan waited until he was in the middle of the bridge.

He turned his steering wheel sharply to the left.

He could hear the crunch of metal bending and folding. He could feel his head smash into the steering wheel.

What he couldn't feel was his car falling into the murky depths below.

He couldnt feel the water filling the cab of the car.

He couldnt feel his arm snap at the sheer force of hitting the water.

He couldn't feel his lungs burst when he drowned.

He couldnt see the lights of the cop cars and ambulances surrounding the lake minutes later.

He couldn't see himself getting pulled out of the water an hour later.

He couldnt see the look on the officers face from pulling out the dead corpse of someone so young.

He couldn't see the expression on Phils face when he picked up the phone.

He couldnt see Phil collapse to the ground when he heard those words.

He couldn't see Phil three months later addicted to meth and barely hanging on.

He couldn't see how much destruction he had caused.

Because he was dead.

Ummm Yolo Swagpolo?????(this feels so inappropriate for this story omg)

So much for me not writing angst huh?

Well I'm kinda shit at it so does it really count?

Maybe one day I can write a story that will make you cry, but sadly that day is not today.

My emotions affect the way I write just a smidge.

I need a tissue lol.

Lrt skunk nuggets.

The next story should be happy.

Send me promts.