Undercover Lover.

Summary: Based off the song undercover lover by emma blackery. Phil gets sick of dan denying him in front of everybody.

Warning: cussing, fights, i think that's all.

Word Count: 1,755

This is not edited if there are spelling and grammar mistakes I'm sorry but idgaf rn.

When we first met you used to call me baby. You said you love me, now I barely hear a word your saying. And when your friends ask if me and you are dating, you're looking guilty, shuffling your feet, and hesitating.

The first time it happened Dan and I were out with a bunch of his Uni friends at a bar downtown. I was awkwardly sitting beside Dan trying to make polite conversation with people I really didn't care for.

"So you do the whole YouTube thing as well?" A blonde guy asked me.

"Oh um yeah. Dan and I really enjoy it. Its cool that we can be creative but get paid for it." I shrugged.

"I've also seen that a lot of your fans ship 'Phan' so are you and Dan a thing?" The man asked.

"Oh well uh-" I started to say but was cut off by Dan.

"Me and Phil? No way. We're just friends. I could never date him, that'd be too weird." Dan stated laughing loudly and hitting my shoulder lightly.

I attempted a smile but I knew it looked fake. I saw Dan shoot me an apologetic glance, but it didn't matter. I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out why Dan denied me in front of his friends.

Was I not good enough?

Was he ashamed?

Maybe he wasn't ready to come out.

Was it nerves?

I didn't really make an effort the rest of the night. I knew Dan knew he messed up. He kept glancing at me with his brown eyes trying to apologize. I just shook it off. He can talk to me later, right now I'm angry.

When we got back to the flat I threw my jacket on the couch and stomped up the stairs.

"Phil can we talk." Dan asked trying to stop me from entering my room.

"No." I stated.

"Phil please." He begged.

I knew I couldn't resist his brown puppy dog eyes so I folded my arms across my chest and waited for an explanation.

"Speak." I commanded.

"Look I'm sorry I said we weren't dating. I just- I don't know I panicked I guess. I didn't know what'd they say and I was prepared for that question." He said grabbing onto my arms.

"When you were dating a girl and someone asked you if you were dating her, did you deny it?" I asked.

"Phil-" He tried to get out.

"Did you deny it?" I asked again cutting him off.

"No but this is different-" He tried to defend.

"How Dan? How is this different. Because I don't have a fucking vagina?!!" I shouted throwing my hands up in frustration.

"Phil that's not fair. I've never dated a guy before!" He said raising his voice slightly.

"Oh and I have? Dan were both boy-dating virgins! All I know is thaf if one of my friends asked if we were dating I would have grabbed you by the waist and shouted Yeah! This mother fuckers mine! But you're to fucking ashamed of me to do that aren't you?" I said glaring at him.