Kally

Summary: Phil's cat dies, and it's the only thing he has left of his mom. Dan and he reminsc about the past.

Warnings: Sadness mentions of funerals. Kitty cat death :(

WC: 867

"Dan."

"Dan, wake up."

"WAKE UP OMG." PJ said.

"What do you want??" Dan mumbled, it's like 7. Too early.

"Your dumb boyfriend won't quit calling! Your phone's went off like seven times! Wake the fuck up and answer it!" PJ said going back to his bed and snuggling deeper within his covers.

"Sorry! And he's not dumb, you're just cranky!" Dan said searching around eagerly for his phone.

All he got in reply was a mumbled 'fuck off' before PJ rolled back over.

Dan pressed call and waited for Phil to answer. After the second ring Dan heard Phil answer.

But he didn't like what he heard at all.

Phil was crying, sobbing through the Phone. All Dan could hear was sniffing and deep inhales of breath.

"Phil?? Phil what's wrong? PHIL?" Dan was trying to get some semblance of an answer. He'd only heard Phil like this one other time, at Phils mothers funeral, when he was 7.

"Phil calm down okay? Everything's okay? What's wrong?" Dan said trying to act more calm.

Dan was currently pulling up his pants and throwing on a dirty shirt. He wasn't gonna leave Phil alone, not when he was like this.

"She's gone." Phil stuttered out. Harder crying followed.

"Phil? Philly? Who's gone?" Dan asked fearing the answer.

"Kally." Phil lost it. Dan could hear something shatter in the background.

"Phil calm down! I'm coming over just please, hold on." Dan said before running over to PJ and shaking him ruffly.

"Peej wake up. Please PJ." Dan had tears in his eyes and was trying hard not to let them fall.

"What?" PJ said rolling over and wiping the sleep out of his eyes. He looked unaware until he saw the tears in Dan's eyes.

"I gotta go!" Dan said swallowing the lump in his throat.

"What's wrong?" PJ asked sitting up quickly.

"Kallys dead." Dan stuttered out and tears ran down his face.

"Go." PJ said, a huge frown over taking his face. He reached over to grab his phone and text Chris the news.

Dan was gone.

Dan flew down the stairs and out the door. He jumped in his car not bothering with his seatbelt. He floored it and took off to Phil's house across town.

Dan had never got there faster.

Dan kept trying to open Phil's door but it was locked. He started pounding on the door and shouting Phil's name. This was one of the times he was  happy Phil lived alone.

Suddenly the door swung open and Phil threw himself at Dan. He was crying harder now.

"She's gone. She's gone. She's gone." Was all Phil could say.

"I know. I know. Its okay. Its gonna be okay." Was all Dan could supply in return.

Dan lead them back inside, and made them both sit on the couch. Dan I knew nothing he could say would make this better. He just let Phil cry on his shoulder and rubbed his back.

"That was the last thing I had of my mom." Phil said after a while of not speaking. "She really is gone now, forever." Phil whispered.

"When she first got Kally I was so exited. We'd never had a pet before. She was adorable and fluffy." Phil sniffed again, so I pulled him closer to me and squeezed him a little tighter. "When-" Phil breathed out a little, and Dan could feel his shoulders sag. "When mom died, all I had left was Kally. She was incredibly lazy." Phil smiled sadly. "But she made me feel better. She knew exactly when I needed to cuddle."  Phil sighed and stuck his face into the side of Dan's neck.

Dan knew Phil wasn't done crying yet. He was gonna be a wreck for a while. But Dan was willing to help in anyway he could.

"I remember when you were sad, she was the only one who could cheer you up." Dan said running his fingers through Phil's hair.

"Do you remember when you left the butter out, and then we went to the movies. And she got on the counter and knocked it off. And she ate a full tub of it?"

"Yeah!" Phil said and started laughing.

"Then anytime you went to pick her up, her stomach would make a terrible sound, and we would set her down afraid she would explode!" Dan laughed at the memory.

"Or what about when she was little and when she meowed it sounded like HELLO and you thought someone broke in!" Phil said smiling slightly.

"I'm my defense I was not prepared for a talking cat." Dan giggled.

"I'm gonna miss her." Phil said sadly.

"Me too Philly, me too."

SWIGGITY SWAD IM KITTY CAT SAD.

Dedicated to my cat Bob 2010-2016

Rest in peace buddy.

I hope you're meowing in the great unknown.

I'll miss you

Just gonna Expecto Patronum my sadness away.

It'll be okay though.

He's eating all the butter he wants right now.

:,)

L8tr SKUNK NUGGETS