Roadside Rescue

Summary: Phil's car breaks down. Dan saves the day.

Warnings: none, it's KINDA SAD BUT NOT RLLY!

FOR THOSE WHO SAW THE UNEDITED PART IM SORRY I CANT SPELL.  

WC: 1246

The headlights were the only thing illuminating the road before me. The red tail lights of other drivers streaked past me. The two yellow lines kept my attention from sinking too far into my mind. Raindrops littered the windshield. Some times I think we are nothing more than raindrops. Little specs of H2O that are trying to win the race, beat all the other specs to the end of the glass pane. Winner takes all.

I wiped more tears from my eyes. I missed Christmas with my family due to my horrid boss, I missed my mom mostly. I wanted nothing more than to hug her and giver her a kiss on the cheek. I just wanted to go home for Christmas but that didn't happen.

But New Years is tomorrow and I'm gonna make it home if it kills me, which who knows, it might. So far the rain is poring down  with no sign of stopping. My contact's are starting to hurt my eyes, which is making it hard to see.

Every now and then I'll see headlights coming the opposite direction, the glare from the harsh light makes me squint a d clench the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white.

I-70 is almost empty which makes this all the more unsettling. If it's not full of people who don't know what the fuck there doing, then the weather is pretty fucking bad.

I need to stop for Gas soon, I'm close to empty. Just fucking great, it's only 30 fucking degreees outside, I would love to fill up my car in tit shitting cold weather.

I sigh again as I look at the Clock. 12:44AM glares at me in bright red letters, taunting me. Moching my hasty decision to  quit my job and say a hardy FUCK YOU to my boss.

It wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done, but im tired, I'm tired of dealing with that bipolar piece of shits attitude. He was probably gonna fire me anyway. He won't miss me and I sure as hell won't miss him.

The radio switched songs and Fall Out Boy came on which made me smile, until I heard the first line.

I've got those jet pack blues
Just like Judy. The kind that make June feel like September, I’m the last one that you’ll ever remember. And I’m trying to find my peace of mind, behind these two white highway lines. When the city goes silent, the ringing in my ears gets violent.

I lost it then. Tears started poring out of my eyes. I was so done with today. I just wanted to eat and go to sleep. I just wanted to climb in bed with my mom and cuddle. I don't care if it's weird for a 28 year old man to say that. I want my mommy!!

And then the worst happened. The car started to shake and it was incredibly hard to steer. The car was wobbling like jello and I tried my hardest to slow down and pull over. That's when I saw a tire shoot past my car roll over the median and into the ditch on the other side of the interstate.

I pulled over and turned off the car before quickly hooping out. I looked at my back drivers side tire to see a missing wheel.

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!" I shouted and punched the car, not registering the ache in my hand until afterwards. I looked at the sky and cursed, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW??" I swiped my hands across my face and slid down onto the pavement.  Bringing my knees to my chest.

I cried harder, "I don't know what deity I pissed off but I am so, so sorry " I swiped the tears off my cheeks and  looked at my phone.