Roadside Rescue II

Summary: Like you don't know.

Warnings: Slight mentions of homophobia. Mentions of smut. I AM SO SORRY IF THIS IS BAD DONT LOOK AT ME PLZ.

WC: 2532

"Oh...umm thanks I guess." Dan relied blushing slightly. "You're umm, not too bad yourself."

I smiled at him, wondering where his cocky attitude went. He was Sir Flirts-a-lot just moments ago.

"So um, where are you headed?" I asked.

"Umm I don't really know. I just got in and drove. I don't really have a destination in mind." He said concentating solely on the road before us.

"So you're not going home?" I questioned looking at the clock for the time.

3:55AM shown brightly, this time in a neon green, and this time the numbers didn't look so harsh.

"I don't really have a home anymore." He said, a frown overtaking his features. I missed the dimple that had once taken it's place.

"What'd you mean?" I asked, not really wanting to look at him anymore. I focused my attention on the road flying by us instead.

"My roomate kicked me out." Was all he said in reply.

I tried not to notice his hands tighten on the steering wheel or our speed increase.

"Why would they do that?" I clenched the sides of my seat and closed my eyes. My car anxiety acting up, at the increasing velocity of our vehicle.

He must have noticed, as he looked at me and took his foot off the accelerator.

"I told him I was gay." Was all he said.

I gulped and nodded.

'He seemed like a nice guy. And and he was helping me.'

'But I still don't know him.'

'BUT if he were gonna hurt me he would have done it but now.'

'BUT he could be trying to gain your trust before murdering you!'

The arguing between myself continued before I decided 'FUCK it.'

"Do you maybe wanna stay with me for a while?" I questioned,  looking down at my folded hands.

"Um, wouldn't that be putting you out?" He asked finally meeting my eyes.

"Umm no. Not really. Uh-not at all actually." I stumbled over my answer.

"I uh- yes. Please." He replied.

"Umm I'm actually going to my moms for the weekend...So you'd have to stay there too. But I'm sure she wouldn't uh, mind if you were there too." I stated although it came out like a question.

"Are you sure?" He asked glancing at me.

"Positive. Although can we say you're like my boyfriend and leave out the whole picking me up on the side of the road. Because that's a lecture I don't really wanna hear." I asked hoping He wouldn't mind.

He laughed and rolled his eyes at me, the leather interior making his pale face look even more profound. "Sure."

"I'm there's just one more thing." I said, cringing because this was embarassing. "It's just I kinda quit my job today-well yesterday." I Said glancing at the clock again.

"So I mean, I'm not exactly poor...yet. But I'm not really rolling in the doe either." I said quietly.

"That's fine." He said nonchalantly.