Leading Up to This

Summary: In honor of #7yearsofdanandphil

Just a cute little fluffy thing about their 7 years of friendship.

Warnings: None. Cussing.

WC: 1489

2009:

Dan took a deep breath as he stepped off the train. His fists were clenched, his palms sweaty. He looked around the crowded station, standing on his tiptoes even though he was taller than most of the crowd. He turned his head to the left and let out a sharp breath. He saw the black hair first, that was the give away. Then he saw that smile. That smile that had been in pixels was now real. Phil was real.

Dan bolted toward Phil, bumping into people, but being too exited to care. He saw Phil was doing the same, running toward Dan. The faces in the crowd blurred around him, his backpack slammed against his back with every step. Dan's heart was beating, but his smile was big. They met in the middle, like some cheesy movie.

Dan threw his arms around Phil as they collided in a mess of limbs. Dan was smiling, eyes wet, but with hapiness. He pulled Phil closer to him, and he felt Phil reciprocate. They stood there for longer than they probably should have. The only words spoken were by Phil.

"You're real."

2010

"Uni is horrible." Dan moaned. Face planted into the vision by Phil's lap.

Phil looked down at Dan. His brown hair was messy, tangled with curls. Phil sighed, "What's so horrible about it?"

Dan shrugged his shoulders helplessly. "I don't know." He goraned. "The professors suck. My dorms a piece of shit, it's so fucking small I can't even move. The lady at the front desk hates me for some god damn reason. And to top it all off law is shit. I'm shit. Everything is shit."

Phil's eyes widened, but he smiled gently. "Sounds shitty."

Dan's head snapped up from its place on the pillow, glaring venomously at Phil. "That's real funny Phil, thanks." Dan stared to get up and move away.

Phil grabbed his wrist, holding it firmly. He smiled gently at Dan. "Look, I'm sorry. It's not funny, okay?"

Dan sighed and sat down again. "It's just hard, ya know?" Dan finally said. "I'm away from my parents, who I never thought I'd miss. And nothings familiar. It's scary and I feel like a kid again. It's like I don't know what I'm doing. I hate law." Dan hesitated for a moment. "I really hate Uni."

Phil frowned, "If it makes you that unhappy, you can always quit."

Dan shook his head. "Everyone would be disappointed in me."

Phil grabbed Dan's hand and held it in his own. "Nobody matters but you."

Dan made a noise between a snort and a laugh. "Yeah, right."

Phil gripped Dan's hand tighter. "No seriously. If Uni makes you this miserable you shouldn't do it. You shouldn't do something that makes you feel like shit all the time. This is your life, live it anyway you want to."

Dan looked up to meet Phil's eyes, "But what about my parents?"

Phil smiled gently. "They'll understand. It might take them a while to come around, but this is your life, Dan. Nobody else's."

Dan nodded and hurried his head in his hands. "Phil?"

Phil hummed in acknowledgement.

"I think I'm quitting Uni."