The Universe is Good

Summary: Above!! Thanks to WaffleDreams for the prompt (I'm sorry it took so long) literally a year dear Lord.

Warnings: The word penis is said a lot. Slightyannoyed!Phil Obnoxious!Dan kinda love it though. CUSSING cussing CuSsInG lol idk umm i describe how to draw a penis??? Ummmm

WC: 1862

Phil looked anxiously at his clock, noticing the red numbers slowly changing. In ten more minutes it would be midnight and be could finally write and receive messages from his soul mate via his skin. In ten short minutes he would be 19.

Phil had seen how some of the people around his university had drawings littering their skin. Some people adorned butterflies, crappy drawings of stick figures holding hands,  and even a full poem had appeared on one girls arm.

Phil assumed he was the oldest between he and his soul mate, either that or his soul mate avoided sending him drawings all this time.

Since Phil was the oldest, (he assumed) he would have to make the first note. Then, no matter his soul mate's age, they could respond. The universe was nice that way. The drawings instanly faded away if you were the one sending them, but if you were receiving them they  lasted a couple hours. The drawing he would send in a few moments would be gone shortly after sending it.

Phil glanced at the clock, his breath caught in his throat when the red blinking numbers told him it was 12:01. Phil grabbed the Sharpie from his desk and contemplated his first message.

He hoped his soul mate would still be awake, otherwise Phil would be left in cold disappointment. Phil uncapped his sharpie and layed the tip to his forearm. He settled on a short message, one that would really get the point across.

HEY! You're my soul mate :D

Phil watched as the ink absorbed into his skin and faded away. Phil gulped and tried to breathe evenly. He watched his arm for a while, and suddenly he felt it! He felt the tingling sensation in his arm, and just like magic, a message appeared on his wrist.

Phil swallowed thickly. In thick, messy scraw was one sentence.

Holy shit, you're real.

Phil's mouth split into a smile, he ran his finger over the sentence, tracing the print. He swears he didn't squeal, but we all know the truth.

Phil eventually told his soul mate his identity, and his soul mate did the same.

His soul mate came to be known as Dan. Dan Howell.

Phil smiled when he said the name out loud, liking the way it rolled off his tounge. He and Dan added each other on all social media platforms as soon as they had given each other the okay.

They were running out of new places to write so they switched to a Skype chat. Both boys were too exited to pay attention to their own appearances, just logging on and adding each other immediately.

Phil had let out a little puff of air when he laid eyes on Dan. He was beautiful. He had basically the same hair cut as Phil, but his fringe went the opposite way, and was Brown, just like his eyes.

His arms were lined with wrist band's, all advertising different bands or concerts he had been too. Even through a shitty webcam, with low resolution, Dan was the prettiest boy he had ever seen.

Phil said it once, and he'll say it again, the univere is good.

They talked well into the morning, neither noticed until the sun streamed into the room, lighting up the wall's in a dull orange glow.