Soul Mate AU

Well I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is I went to the doctor, and now I've got medicine.

The bad news is now I have to take sleeping pill. And i normally update at like 2am. This is gonna be interesting.

Prompt: "I was wondering if you could do the soulmate AU where whenever your soulmate is injured you get the scar as well and have one of them be depressed and self harm and the other is worried cause they know that their soulmate is hurting then they find each other and then the depressed one gets help from his soulmate"

TRIGGER WARNING: It will be mentioned and possibly in detail. Stay safe skunk nuggets.

Prompt(er): OMG i still dont know comment if it was you! (I'm a bad author, but I love you.)

Word Count: 1360

The first scar Dan ever got that wasn't his fault was when he was five, or that's the first one he could remember anyway. It was a large scar about an inch long over his eyebrow. His mum told him it was his soul mate getting a boo boo.

Dan didn't really understand, but he wasn't one to ask questions either. He remembers getting scars all the time. On his knees, hands, arms, it seems like whoever his soul mate is, is a very clumsy person.

Dan would wake up some mornings and have new scars. He would see the white line from the injury another person received.

Now that Dan was seventeen he understood the soul mates thing. He thought it was all very Shakespeare, poetic in a way. If the person you love gets hurt, you get scarred.

It was weird but Dan always liked seeing the scars he got sometimes. He liked thinking that there was someone out there for him. It was a comforting thought.

That was until he was sitting at the breakfast bar with his mum, eating breakfast and chatting. He heard a loud gasp escape her mouth. Before he could ask he what was wrong, tears were in her eyes and she was reaching for his wrist.

Dans eyes widened, he was kinda freaked out by his mums weird behavior. Then she flipped his arms over.

On the surface of Dans wrist long white scars scattered the semi tan skin.

Dans eyes were wide with shock. Did this, was-was his soul mate harming themselves.

Why? What could he do? Why was he doing it?

Dan starred at the scars covering his wrist. He couldn't believe it. They were long, and they looked quite deep.

He was snapped back into reality by his mum shaking his shoulders.

"Dan did you do this to yourself?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"What? No mum! Of course not!" He said hurriedly.

He would never self harm, he had a good life for the most part, I mean sure there were bad days, but the good days out ranked them.

His mum looked at him skeptically. She looked into his brown eyes and sighed.

"Your soul mate then?" She said knowingly.

Dan nodded. He suddenly became very aware, and very sad that his soul mate had done this.

They had cut their skin for some reason. They had hurt the beautiful body they were in.

"I'm so sorry honey." His mum said frowning, and reaching over to give him a hug.

Dan was sorry too.

_____

Phil was crying silently in his bathroom. He was leaning up against the door, a blade clenched in one hand, and blood covering the other.